Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Inexpensive Bushnell? >

Inexpensive Bushnell?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Inexpensive Bushnell?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:13 AM

Default Inexpensive Bushnell?

Would anyone know why the Elite 3200 2-7x32 is so inexpensive compared to the VX1, VX II abd Burris FF II in the same power?Based on Cabela's Canada, Russel Sports, Lebaron's and Wholesale Sports the prices range from $210 - $230 Canadian.

Thanx
Marc
Old 02-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Inexpensive Bushnell?

Generally the Lupy's are over priced. The 3200 is a good scope, but I would go to the 4200 at about $245 on E-Bay, American, it is a very good scope.....
Old 02-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Generally the Lupy's are over priced.
Exactly why I don't buy them anymore.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:25 AM

I was just looking at the Nikon Monarch in the 2-8x32 seems like a quality scope. What do you think of them?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Monarch's are very good as well. I have heard of CS issues with Nikon though. For the $ however, it's hard to beat the Elite 4200's. The Rainguard feature is also worthwhile.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Markymarc

Would anyone know why the Elite 3200 2-7x32 is so inexpensive compared to the VX1, VX II abd Burris FF II in the same power?Based on Cabela's Canada, Russel Sports, Lebaron's and Wholesale Sports the prices range from $210 - $230 Canadian.

Thanx
Marc

I was just looking at the Nikon Monarch in the 2-8x32 seems like a quality scope. What do you think of them?
All of the scopes you've mentioned are high quality pieces. Most folks would tell you that the Nikon Monarch would be visibly superior to the others you've listed, but if your eyes don't agree with that, then stick with what they're telling you.

Leupold is proud of their scopes, & they have the "Sears Craftsman" of optical warranties: if you go to a trash dump and find a rusted out 50 year old Leupold that's been twisted into a pretzel, just send it in to them, & you'll get a new scope in return, usually inside of 2 weeks.It costs $$$ to offer that kind of warranty. Now some people are reassured by that level of customer service, but others are of the opinion that they'd rather spendthe money on getting better glass in their scope in the 1st place, and taking reasonable care of it after they buy it.

Nikon, Burris, and Bushnell have solid reputations (by and large) for standing behind their products, but I'm not sure if they'll ignore outright abuse to a productquite as often asLeupold will.

My $.02 is that you shouldlook through all the scopes you can, & pick the one you like best. There is no wrong answer among the choices you listed. The only way you can go wrong would be by valuing our opinions over that of your own eyes.

FC
Old 02-18-2009, 06:43 PM

True I am leaning towards the Elite 3200, because of the warranty in Canada and the Rain Guard. Would anyone have an idea of the light transmission on the 2-7x32.

thankx
Marc
Old 02-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

True I am leaning towards the Elite 3200, because of the warranty in Canada and the Rain Guard. Would anyone have an idea of the light transmission on the 2-7x32.

thankx
Marc
I had an Elite 3200(3-9x40) and wound up selling it. The scope was very bright and clear, however it was very picky with eye relief. I purchased a Nikon Monarch to replace it and still have it today.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:03 AM

Yes I looked at the Monarch's they are very nice, but Ican't seem many places I can buy it here in Canada ( online thai is) if I could find a 2-8x32 here in Canada I would very interested

Marc