Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear
 WTB an inexpensive bow for my son. >

WTB an inexpensive bow for my son.

Community
Archery Gear Bows, sights, rests, releases, quivers, cases, and more! Buy, sell, or trade all of your archery equipment here!

WTB an inexpensive bow for my son.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WTB an inexpensive bow for my son.

I am looking for something inexpensive but fully functional for my son. A 40-50 or at the most a 50-60# bow. We now have a blind to shoot from and I am thinking that he would really enjoy bow hunting. I have never done it myself but I did pick myself up a cheap bow and am starting to see how I could get into it. My bow is an old Stimmler and doesnt have much let off and my son has a hard time pulling that one back. I dont know a lot about bows here so take that into consideration. I am looking to spend $100 at the most here. I am not trying to be cheap here, its just that I am on a very tight budget for Xmas. You can email me with any pictures that you have or any offers at [email protected] if you like. Thanks, James
Old 11-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WTB an inexpensive bow for my son.

I understand the tight budget, but you may want to look into Brownings new bows. My BIL picked one up for my nephew for about $150 a couple of years ago. They have a trade up program...your son would get a new bow as he grows into it. As quick as these guys grow, it may be worth the extra few bucks.

Good luck.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the advice. I will look into that. Right now I just want to get him started, so I may end up just waiting until his birthday (late FEB.) and check into a new bow package like you mentioned. I am still open to offers though if somebody has an old bow kicking around that they want to liquidate but is still highly functional.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:11 PM

ill sell u my old bow its a pse deer hunter it has a whisker biscuit arrow rest, 5 cx arrows, quiver, peep sight, kisser button, string silencers,fiberopticpin sight and a release aid. i want 200 for it