Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Inexpensive O/U >

Inexpensive O/U

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Inexpensive O/U

Old 12-04-2002, 03:02 PM

Default Inexpensive O/U

I am in the market for a new O/U for bird hunting (looked at a few used ones but not many quality ones in my area). I have seen that many are price kind of high. I was looking to spend around $700. Anybody know of some inexpensive O/U, or should I save up for one of the better guns.

Thanks
Chris
Detroit, MI
Old 12-04-2002, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Inexpensive O/U

Verona makes a decent O/U for about that price.I think Beretta owns them.I've never shot one but I've read and heard good reviews about them.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Chris
I was just up in "HockeyTown" visiting and I saw in one of the local sale flyers (dont remember who) a Stoeger O/U on sale for something like $249. Turns out the guy who does the flyfishing show circuit with me is also an avid sporting clay shooter and recently won a big competition somewhere in the south shooting against some of the big boys with the big name guns using a 12 ga stoeger o/u. He states they shoot well, hunt well, take a ton of abuse and as he put it when you or it is worn out, makes a great tomato steak! Me, I dont wing shoot at all, just passin along some info.

10 Pointers
Old 12-04-2002, 04:20 PM

i dont know too many but i bet if i looked i could find a ruger for about that much used, though i havent looked to hard since im not in the market for one right now.

propmahn
save the world, reload your brass

Old 12-05-2002, 02:04 AM
Typical Buck

I'll sell you my Beretta Essential for $700. 3 choke tubes 28" barrell I've shot maybe 500 rounds of sporting clays with it & my wife has taken 2 gobblers with it the last 2 springs. I got into trap shooting & have given up sporting clays.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:05 AM
Spike

BIG DUCK,
You might want to check out Traditions Arms(http://www.traditionsmuzzle.com/index.asp). I don't know if you have the need for 3 1/2" , but I bought the Mag Hunter II a couple of years ago for around $600. It has seen alot of action in the dove field and some in the duck blind. So far I'm very well pleased and the gun shoots nice!!!