Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s >

How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

Old 08-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

bigcountry-we have agreed on most things in the past but you are WAYYY off base saying burris ff2 is junk. Apperently you don't have much experience with burris in this particular line. I own about1.5 dozen and have sold/installed these in the dozens over the years without any more issues than normal mounting problems. HOW can you say something is junk when you don't know what you are talking about? That's like me saying your guns are junk without ever seeing them. When I state that burris scopes are close behind leupold,I'M speaking from FIRSTHAND experience!!!

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

In my opinion, fullfields are junk. There are a few nice ones out there, but as I keep saying, making lenses are about yeilds. And I bet the fullfields will have the lowest yeilds. You got to ask yourself, how good is something that they have to give away a GPS or another piece of optics for you to buy it. If you do, your being sold.

I do like the monarchs.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

stalkingbear,I was going to purchase a vari x 3 you say the fulfield ll's are just as good,would it hold up on a 12ga. or muzzle loader ok
Old 08-10-2007, 09:13 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

When I state that burris scopes are close behind leupold,I'M speaking from FIRSTHAND experience!!!
Well good for you man. Me too.

Go out and take the bait and get your little door prize for buying second rate glass. You might even get a GPS out of the deal. I would just rather pay a fair price for good glass myself.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

I had one. It fogged up on me,so I sent it back ten months ago and still have yet to get it or hear from burris. I bought a bushnell elite 4200. I like it so far. I have always had leupold in the past. I have have never ever had one bit of trouble from a leupold.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure, as I've never had a burris, but have heard mostly praise about them. Could it be that they are discontinuing that particular model or upgrading it and getting rid of last years model as towhy there seem to be a lot of them on the market right now. Other burris models aren't experiencing the same "discounting" are they?? or are they??

One thing about the gps/combo deal, You can not get a better gps than that etrex for it's normal price, so no matter what, that's a pretty good deal, imho
Old 08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

One thing about the gps/combo deal, You can not get a better gps than that etrex for it's normal price, so no matter what, that's a pretty good deal, imho
Thats one thing. At least a purchase wouldn't be a complete waste. But if I want a GPS, I go and buy a GPS.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

stalkingbear-----couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I own 2 Leupold VX II's and 2 Burris FF II's. If you know anything about scopes, 1 would know that the VX II's are constructed from a 2 piece body which is found in cheaper scopes, that's their weak point!!! The Fullfield II's are constructed from a single tube which makes it less likely to break a seal not saying it can't happen. If someone was to criticize anything, then they should have first hand knowledge of what he/she is talking about!!!!!! If you know someone who has a FF II and a VX II ask to see them (preferably at dusk or dawn) and you will see first hand which optics are better!!!! The FF II's are a supeior scope to the VX II's, not until you go to VX III's do they go to a single tube and better optics! I have had several diehard Leupold shooters, switch to Burris..... Take a look and see for yourself!!!!!!! That's the best way to seethe difference. That's what made me switch from Leupold to Burris, but I still love VX III's, just not their price tag!!!

I have 1 FF on a H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20 gauge and the other on a T/C Omega .50 cal.
Leupolds are on an original Knight Disc .50 cal and an H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 12 Gauge.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:44 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: whitetailcrazy

stalkingbear-----couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I own 2 Leupold VX II's and 2 Burris FF II's. If you know anything about scopes, 1 would know that the VX II's are constructed from a 2 piece body which is found in cheaper scopes, that's their weak point!!! The Fullfield II's are constructed from a single tube which makes it less likely to break a seal not saying it can't happen. If someone was to criticize anything, then they should have first hand knowledge of what he/she is talking about!!!!!! If you know someone who has a FF II and a VX II ask to see them (preferably at dusk or dawn) and you will see first hand which optics are better!!!! The FF II's are a supeior scope to the VX II's, not until you go to VX III's do they go to a single tube and better optics! I have had several diehard Leupold shooters, switch to Burris..... Take a look and see for yourself!!!!!!! That's the best way to seethe difference. That's what made me switch from Leupold to Burris, but I still love VX III's, just not their price tag!!!

I have 1 FF on a H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20 gauge and the other on a T/C Omega .50 cal.
Leupolds are on an original Knight Disc .50 cal and an H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 12 Gauge.
Wow, 4 scopes. Man, you have seen it all.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigcountry-it sounds to me like you are drunk or just want to argue. I can see now that you truly do KNOW IT ALL and will direct all my future questions for you to answer. Exactly how long have you been a professional gunsmith? I have been for almost 27 years but you clearly have me beat.
I forgot to ask-how are your ravens shooting and do you still elephant hunt with them?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

I was rating scopes which are of similar calibur/price... What are ya drunk or just want to argue~~~~~ha,ha,ha,ha!!!! (pretty funny, Stalkingbear). Was just giving myopinion, about my first hand knowledge of each scope and giving a side by side comparison. I wasn't saying that FF II's were better than all Leupolds', just better than the one's of equal or lesser value!!!!

Quick Reply: How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.