Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s >

How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

Old 08-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

He appherently didn't look up your profile and realize he was arguing a point he knew little about. 27 years as a gunsmith might make you a touch more knowledgeable about guns/scopes and how they work toether!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I respect him and his opinion highly. He likely knows more about the tech side of optics than I do. Most of mine just practical experience.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:48 PM
bigcountry

Absolutely, I don't mean any harm here. We all have our preferences. There is some sour grapes with the burris company and I. Especially with a black diamond I work with. Enjoy your scopes guys.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

This seems to be a problem when rating scopes. Leopold has several different levels of scopes and there are major differences between each level in optics quality. Each person can get a bad scope or know somebody who has had a bad scope and simply offer an opinion based on their or their buddy's personal experience.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:12 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: CalHunter

This seems to be a problem when rating scopes. Leopold has several different levels of scopes and there are major differences between each level in optics quality. Each person can get a bad scope or know somebody who has had a bad scope and simply offer an opinion based on their or their buddy's personal experience.
Yep, that VX1 is a first rate turd in my opinion. I tested on my bench with a reflection meter, and it was as bad as some simmons. But the VXIII beat out my VariX-III, I just don't want to buy over the 3 piece body design now.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Yep, that VX1 is a first rate turd in my opinion. I tested on my bench with a reflection meter, and it was as bad as some simmons. But the VXIII beat out my VariX-III, I just don't want to buy over the 3 piece body design now.
Hey bc, What do you mean by the highlighted above.... I know I'm tired, but I cannot make heads or tails of it.... Haven't slept in 3 days..... going to try to sleep shortly... WIsh me luck , and any prayer is appreciated....

--------------------------------

Going on a Ruger Super Redhawk in .480 Ruger with a 7 1/2 inch barrel.

BTW bc, concerning the scopes I pm'd you about....I bought the Burris 3 - 12 x 32 and have looked it over the last few days but i am still not convinced. Its reallynice, but there are several differences between it and the 2.5 - 8 x 28 Nikon and the Burris 2-7 x 32( at least on paper ) ... Do you think it would be wise to at least buy the other Burris and / or the Nikon to do comaprative side by side tests , then either send back the ones I dont want or keep them for later projects, or outright sell them? I believe the Burris 3x12 has great glass ( it was really clear ) , and it might be a super scope, but I am seeing that the eyebox seems critical. That the glass is bright and clear, but the scope is heavy @ 16 oz. ... It is a handgun scope ... for all but bc.... he already knows the story .... except for what is obvious with the increased zoom power, the others are lighter, and about an inch shorter. Also, the others do not have an adjustable obj.

Anyone and everyone ... Please feel free to chime in on this thought line.

Thanks

MET
Old 08-12-2007, 09:26 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Hey bc, What do you mean by the highlighted above.... I know I'm tired, but I cannot make heads or tails of it.... Haven't slept in 3 days..... going to try to sleep shortly... WIsh me luck , and any prayer is appreciated....

--------------------------------

Going on a Ruger Super Redhawk in .480 Ruger with a 7 1/2 inch barrel.

BTW bc, concerning the scopes I pm'd you about....I bought the Burris 3 - 12 x 32 and have looked it over the last few days but i am still not convinced. Its reallynice, but there are several differences between it and the 2.5 - 8 x 28 Nikon and the Burris 2-7 x 32( at least on paper ) ... Do you think it would be wise to at least buy the other Burris and / or the Nikon to do comaprative side by side tests , then either send back the ones I dont want or keep them for later projects, or outright sell them? I believe the Burris 3x12 has great glass ( it was really clear ) , and it might be a super scope, but I am seeing that the eyebox seems critical. That the glass is bright and clear, but the scope is heavy @ 16 oz. ... It is a handgun scope ... for all but bc.... he already knows the story .... except for what is obvious with the increased zoom power, the others are lighter, and about an inch shorter. Also, the others do not have an adjustable obj.

Anyone and everyone ... Please feel free to chime in on this thought line.

Thanks

MET
Leupold when they came out with thier VX line, they quit making a one piece tube. They now build it in three pieces. I still find the older Vari-X III over it. I just believe one piece is a better construction.

Sight picture if important. Especially with pistols. I myself don't like that high power scope on a pistol. A lower power will be easier to mess with.

Get them and try it out. They also have a 1.5-5 power that i might look at.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:22 AM

Hah, I now see where the history between BC and WhitetailCrazycame from.Anyway, all this talk about one piece scopes vs. multi piece scopes is neat, but how many people from either side are ending up with scopes that leak? Thats really the point right? Yah, one piece sounds like the superior design, but how many of these "horrendously" designed Leupolds are leaking? What other benefit does one get out of the single piece design, I would like to know? Pardon my directness, but I guess I was living on borrowed time in the navy when the submarine I was stationed on was not hewn out of a single piece of HY-80, but welded together. I am just damn lucky to be alive .
Old 08-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Follower, if it were welded together, then I would consider it 1 peice.... It's only when you can dismantle something by just unscrewing it, that is what I would consider a multipiece scope!!!!

Folower, I do like FF II's, but as for their higher end scopes, such as their Black Diamond, I don't really care for....... I would much rather have a Leu VX III when spending that dollar amount and or Zeiss....

P.S. Don't tell me you boarded a Sub which was just screwed together!!!!!LOL, just messin"...........
Old 08-29-2007, 03:37 PM

bigcountry is a tool!!!! I doubt heowns a Burris, or has tried them out.it must be nice to pass judgement on something he hasen't even attempted to look into.

again, what a tool

Quick Reply: How Do You Rate Burris Fullfield II,s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.