Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Burris Fullfield II >

Burris Fullfield II

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Burris Fullfield II

Old 02-24-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Burris Fullfield II

Cabela's has the Burris Fullfield II scope with Landmark Binocular package on sale for $199.99 regular price $249.99.I'm thinking about getting this scope for my muzzleloader. I think this is a very good deal as the binoculars is free, but i don't have any experience with this scope. Any input about this scope would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Burris Fullfield II

You could do worse... those FFII scopes aren't half bad. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:07 PM

The fullfields IIare a nice scope. In my opinion they are some where in between a Lupie VXI and VXII Or between a Nikon Buckmaster and Monarch. and that makes them a great deal.

I bought several of those packages as I set up rifles for different people. The scope is nice and worth more than the $200. The binos are Ok but there not at the level of the Fullfield II scope.

I actully use the Bios but I do most of my hunting in pretty thick woods and use them to scope out things 20-80 yds away before I pick up my rifle or bow.

Good luck and good Shooting
Old 02-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

I have 3 of the ffII's. Very pleased and love the ballistic plex. Natchezss.com often has the scope w/o binos for $159.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

My buddy has two ffII's. One on a 7RM and the other on a 375H&H. I thought it would get destroyed by recoil, but one year and still as clear as ever. This is the best value in the optics world in my opinion. Brett
Old 02-27-2007, 08:42 AM

I like Burris scopes. I was in the armyin Californiain the mid 80s and I purchased a top quality scope from a place in freemont Ca. It was a big outdoor superstore of some kind, probably still there.

Well my new scope failed after about 50 shots and I took it back to the store. When I got there there was a Burris sales rep and he had two sectioned scopes. One was a burris and the other was my scope from the L company. The difference between the two in ruggedness was impressive. he showed me how weak the 'erector was in the scope I bought and how strong it was in the Burris.

In the end I mailed my scope back to leupold and with excellent customer service they repaired it and sent it back to me with an explaination of the problem.. erector failure. I put it back on the samegun and it served me well for about another year before it failed agian. By this timeI was getting tired of my 45/70 contender and after Leupie fixed a second time I sold them off.

In the 20 or so years since I have bought maybe 50 scopes and 2/3 have been burris of some flavor or another. I have yet to have a serious problem with one.

Burris scopes do have some disadvantages. Some models are less compact and weight more than their competition. Eye relief and the size of the eyebox on some burris scopes are not as good as some Leupies. I have read some complaints about Burris CS. However in total I think Burris scopes are and excellent value.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

I can't say enough about the quality and clarity of burris FFII's. I was the biggest fan of Leupolds until a couple of guys in my gun club, insisted I try Burris. Both of these individualsare gun shop owners, who sell both brands, but just between friends they told me you get a better bang for your buck with Burris. First and foremost the FFII's are a single tube scope wheras VX I and II's are a 2 piece tubes, not until you go up to VXIII do you get the quality of a single tube scope. I am here to say that the clarity and light gathering capabilities surpass those of Vari (old model) and VX I and II's. All you have to do is compare the 2 and you can see for yourself.

P.S. The binoculars are not made by the U.S. company, but are manufatured overseas.. They are not bad, but not the same quality as their scopes.......
Old 03-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have 3 of these scopes and one of Burris' short mag scopes and I like them all. You may want to take a look on Ebay too. Two of the FFIIs were purchase new on Ebay with the 20X spotting scope.