Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Burris Fullfield II

Old 10-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Default Burris Fullfield II

After getting my new rifle sighted in I am now on the look for an improved scope the gun came with (cheap Chinese Simmons) Have heard rave reviews about Burris's Fullfield II.For around $200 it compares feature-wise to other scopes for twice the money. So why spend more if you dont have to? I'd rather save the money for more ammo and gas on the next huntin' trip! Feedback?
Mark
Old 10-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Burris Fullfield II

Mark - I've always put Leupols on my rifles until a couple of years ago. I got one of those deal from Burris (a 20x spotting scope with the purchase of a Fullfield II scope). I selected the Ballistic Plex reticle and put it on my .270. The scope is birght, clear and the Bal plex works perfectly. I liked the scope so much, I got another Matte finished one and a Matte Silver one. I also got a Burris Short Mag scope for my 325WSM.
These are great scopes and will service you well. My short mag scope got a broken reticle which was repaired by Burris very quickly. (Even with the broken reticle, the scope never lost zero.)
Old 10-10-2008, 05:15 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to have to glass the store with one the next time I am at Bass Pro. They gotta be up there with Nikon and Leupold..
Old 10-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have two of them and one is on a hard kicking .338 RUM with no problems at all. They are one of the absolute best deals in scopes today.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Mark I went to a local gunshop with every intention of buying a Leupold. The onlyquestion wasa VX1 or VX2. The owner suggested comparing the optics to the 3x9 Fullfield 2. It was getting very darkwhen I compared it to a VX1 (approx same price)the Fullfield was considerably better under low light, and I could make out shapes better with the Fullfield better than even the VX2. The only downside to the Fullfield is if you use a flip up lens cover the eyepiece rotates making it difficult to operate the bolt at certain magnifications. Made in USA is bonus.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe the Fullfield IIs are made in the phillipines now. Look into the the new burris timberlines (about 150$) which are also phillipines. (for under 200$)-Personally I like Leupold VX1 200$(USA), nikon prostaff 130$(phillipines) and sightron s1 120$ (japan)
Old 10-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

markminer

If I can add my 2 cents... might look at a Bushnell Elite 3200 with Rain Guard lenes... I replaced both of my Loopy VX-II's with them one on a 300 win Mag and the other on the 270... I really like the optics and the fact that most of the time no scope covers needed...

Bear Basin Outfitters - $179.00
Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

I put a 3-9 Burris Fullfield on my new 243 wssm and smacked a goat at 300 yards in CO!! Great scope, bright, easy to adjust, plenty eye relief. Got it with the bino special for $200 and loved them, I got to shoot some pararie dogs with and ar15 in 223 and smacked a few dogs with a burris fullfield 4-14, again great scope, too bad they are not US made anymore!!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

I put a FF II Ball Plex 3-9X40 on my 7mmRM. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. It gets banged around quite a bit. Never loses its' zero. Nice and bright. My gunsmith talked me out of the 50 objective. Said there was no need for it. He was right.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

I had one on my Knight LRH and just put one on my new endeavor and i havent had any problem with them. I like the ballistic plex reticle alot better than the circles on the Nikon BDCs. They have the Fullfield 2 combo with binoculars for 189 at dicks sporting gooods and you can go online and print a $15 dollar coupon , so the combo with binos would be $174, cant beat that. Ive also seen them on sale on cableas website for 199.

Quick Reply: Burris Fullfield II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.