Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Night Vision >

Night Vision

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Night Vision

Old 01-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Night Vision

Well I was wondering what it would cost for some night vision and also what kind is best.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:17 AM

Default RE: Night Vision

Night vision for what? For a scope? For a handheld sight?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Night vision would only get me in trouble, a buddy of mine hadmilitary night vision goggles and we sure could freek guy's out by driving at night with nolight,
Old 02-09-2007, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: OkieBill

Night vision would only get me in trouble, a buddy of mine hadmilitary night vision goggles and we sure could freek guy's out by driving at night with nolight,
I had a soldier in Iraq that found/acquired a set of pvs-12 night vision goggles when we were on a convoy and he tried tomail them home, instead of turning in (they are expensive, like $7,000 and a "sensitive items"). He gotbusted by the MP's when they checked the box he just put them in and tried tomail. What made it worse was that he knew, like the rest of us that every single box mailed back home was checked and he still tried to mail it. [&o] He was lucky and did not get court marshalled, but did get an article 15, a ton of extra duty such as filling and stacking sand bags, lost money and lost a rank.
I'd tell your friend to keep knowledge of his sight on the down low, as he could still get into trouble.