Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Night vision, , G-1 vs. G-2 etc.??? >

Night vision, , G-1 vs. G-2 etc.???

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Night vision, , G-1 vs. G-2 etc.???

Old 11-11-2003, 06:48 AM

Default Night vision, , G-1 vs. G-2 etc.???

OK. . . .now that we can get the Gen 2s 3s and 4s the Gen 1 optics have come down nicely in price. Having never been able to play with any of them how much difference are we really talking about in the amount of resolution and brightness.
Very familiar with Digital photo technology, 1 Meg pixel, 2.2 Meg pixel etc. and would enjoy some comparative veiws and comments.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:09 AM

Default RE: Night vision, , G-1 vs. G-2 etc.???

I have a gen 1 and it is VERY clear, I dont' know how gen 2,3 and 4(?) could be any more clear. I wouldn' t waste my money on anything other than a gen. 1. Try it out its just like looking through a scope in teh day time.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Night vision, , G-1 vs. G-2 etc.???

If you get a chance then do a search for DougMD' s comments on this issue from last year. He went through an extensive search and research to find one that was right for him. I believe he found a Gen 2 model on Ebay for a very reasonable price....and, to date, he is very happy with it.

Sorry I could not help more.