Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 Steiner 8x30 Predator Binoculars? >

Steiner 8x30 Predator Binoculars?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Steiner 8x30 Predator Binoculars?

Old 01-09-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Steiner 8x30 Predator Binoculars?

High all, I am new here. I have lurked here for some time, just havent posted up. This is an awesome board and I hope to be able to contribute in some positive ways. As for nowI am learning alot from you fine folks.

I have a pair of compact Leupold Wind River binoculars right now and I am looking at something with a little more light gathering capabilities. I can see a good bit later with my scope than my binoculars. Have any of you got these Steiner 8x30s?

If so how do you like them?

Any other models you guys like?

I was also considering the smaller 10x24 or 26 (cant rememeber which they had at the store) but these were so light its hard not to consider getting them instead.

Thanks!

Old 01-16-2007, 03:49 PM

Default RE: Steiner 8x30 Predator Binoculars?

For good light gathering ability, you should stay away from compact models, no matter the brand. A set of 10x25's will always be dim in comparison to larger models.

I have a set of 8x30 Steiner Military/Marine Binocs. I don't like them. The individual focus is a pain, and they don't seem very clear to me. When I bought them, I got them dirt cheap with an employee discount, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

I am currently looking for a quality set of binoculars, and I'm not even considering any model of Steiners. In the $300 range, the Nikon Monarchs 8x42's are tough to beat. I will probably end up spending a little more and get a set of Minox HG 8x43's or 10x43's.