Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Rule Changes?

Old 08-31-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Rule Changes?

I heard that there is going to be a new rule change. That from now on instead of yardages being 35 for HC and so on , that is now going to be 35 plus, for example the yardage could be set up to 3 yards more, 38 for HC and the same for all other classes except for the white stake.

Is this true and if so, whats the purpose of that? Whats that surpose to prove?

This might not be true just what I heard through the grape vine at a local shoot, but it did come from an IBO Rep. And when are the new rules and changes going to be posted on the IBO website?
Old 08-31-2004, 10:22 PM

Default RE: Rule Changes?

I think they (IBO) has a variance that they go by. I think they have 3 yards to play with anyway. I am not sure though....
Old 09-01-2004, 06:52 AM

The rules will be posted as soon as we can get the book amended.
To answer your question, the period was taken out and approximate put in. It is not meant to be a plus factor in setting distance for targets.
Part of this game is distance estimation. Having the max period takes that out of a max target.
Don't you think we should be able to set ranges with a laser range finder and leave the tape measure in the truck?
That is what they were thinking.
ken12
Old 09-01-2004, 12:43 PM

ok,ok, No reason to get snippy....I do think that range finders should be used to set the course. I was just asking because the way it was explained to me the it was being changed to a MAX 38.

Thanks
tjsFreckles
Old 09-01-2004, 12:54 PM

Thats not snippy! ()
Snippy is a pm or e-mail.
Making the book takes some time. But they are working on it.
ken12
Old 09-17-2004, 01:45 PM

BowPro maybe you can let me know how IBO will handle the use of the Bohning BH vanes ( Blazer vanes), will they be allowed to be used in IBO shoots ? I have a lot of customers that are using these vanes for hunting this year and also shoot IBO in the off hunting seasons. They asked will they have to have arrows refletched to meet the current 4 inch vanes rule in IBO. Seems these new hunting vanes are less than 4 inch, more like 2.78 inch I think the spec is, but they do some job on fixed or closed in flight BH's and seem to give the archer good clearance. Thanks in advance for any ino and consideration in this matter.