Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > IBO > Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting
 arrow rest centered/sight pins waayy right >

arrow rest centered/sight pins waayy right

Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

arrow rest centered/sight pins waayy right

Old 07-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Spike

Default arrow rest centered/sight pins waayy right

I have bought new bow and my arrow rest (whisker biscuit) seems to be centered pretty good but my sight pins are offset to the right(max amount of horizontal adjustments, cant adjust anymore) whats wrong with my setup? do i move the rest to the right so its aligned with the pins?? when i move the rest right or left then the arrows start to fishtail...very agrivating.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:42 AM

Default RE: arrow rest centered/sight pins waayy right

If you are right handed and the pins are as far to the right as they can go you have to start by moving the rest to the left.The arrows have to be the right spine and the nocking point has to be right. I have never used a whisker biscuit but it should be no different than any other rest as far as set up goes. If you are shooting a two cam bow check the rollover on the cams also. Make sure that the nocks are not to tight on the string also.
If none of these things help solve your problem I would suggest you go to a pro shop and ask them for suggestions or help.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:37 PM

Default RE: arrow rest centered/sight pins waayy right

New set-ups are always fun. What fasstfletch said is all correct,especially the spine of your arrow which needs to be matched to the bow poundage, too stiff usually goes to the right. I will suggest one more thing that may be causing your problem, your anchor point and draw length. If your draw length is wrong so is your anchor which throws off your overall alignment and thus your sight alignment. The best thing to do is to have a pro check you out!