Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

sight pins

Old 06-09-2002, 12:46 PM

Default sight pins

Looking for someone else's experience -

I have a Truglo sight, my wife has a Cobra. On both sights, when you move the individiual pins and then try to tighten them, the pins try to rotate in the direction you are turning the set screw. Neither is a "cheap" sight ($70-$80), and I would expect the machining tolerances to be tighter.

Is this common on other sights, or is this an operator error?
Old 06-10-2002, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sight pins

Ican't honestly answer your question but can give some advice. If you decide to change your site you can eliminate the problem by buying a TrueGlo Lite sight. That is assuming you can live with three pins. I guess you could add more for a couple of bucks. I know it's made of polycarb but it's a heck of a sight for $20. Just an example of the quality you can get for on the cheap.
So why am I using a SureLoc with a Bullseye Millenium Grande? The Lite Site is for hunting. KISS

Old 06-10-2002, 02:29 PM

THIS CAN BE A PROBLEM THE ONES THAT I USE TO HAVE WERE LIKE THAT AND I WAS JUST VERY CAREFUL WHEN I MOVED THEM ONCE I GOT THEM SET I DID NOT MOVE THEM BECAUSE OF THAT.
Old 06-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Spike

I don't think it is anything you are doing wrong, as I had a cobra site also and I had the same trouble with it. I know others that shoot the same style sight and they all complain about the same thing. I guess short of changing sights caution is the best advise. Good luck.

LIVE TO HUNT,HUNT TO LIVE.