Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Durablity of sight pins? Best Sight choice? >

Durablity of sight pins? Best Sight choice?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Durablity of sight pins? Best Sight choice?

Old 06-27-2006, 06:34 AM
Spike

Default Durablity of sight pins? Best Sight choice?

I'm in the market for a new bow sight, and have it down to the G5 Optix LE, the Spot Hogg Hunter Hog It or Real Deal, and the Truglo Xtreme Micro Adjust.

Anyexperience with these sights?

I know a lot of you like the Spot Hogg...but how do the fiber optics hold up? They look very exposed on the rear of the sight, like they would break easily, or catch on twigs and stuff.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Durablity of sight pins? Best Sight choice?

The G5 and Spot Hogg are both great sights, I personally like the Swords a bit better though. Rob had a really good review on the new Viper sight as well, that one looks promising as well.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know... but I've been looking at that G5 too.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:04 AM

Here's an evaluation by somebody

http://www.archerytalk.com/archerytechevaluations/
Old 06-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Vital Bow Gear sight because the pin is actually extruded as a part of the guard. Tough design that has resisted a TON of hard-use!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: marcusjb

Here's an evaluation by somebody

http://www.archerytalk.com/archerytechevaluations/
Yeah, I had reas this evaluation, and that is what promted my question. I want to know some real world hunting experience with these sights...not just a test experiment. I tried a broadhead that had very high marks from an independent tester......and found it to be very inferior in real hunting situations. I believe it was because the testing conditions cannot simulate real hunting conditions. (Nor did they claim to.)
I especially want to know if anyone has had problems with the Spot Hogg optic filaments breaking while hunting.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I bought the Tru Glu and have been very happy with it. Easy to adjust (no tools), durableand very bright. Mine even has a light on it that makes the pins glow in the dark. Obviously not to be used after legal hunting time, but great for that last 5 minutes.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:25 AM
Typical Buck

I just picked up a Montana Black Gold Radiant, look to be pretty tough, brightest pins I have ever seen.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Yeah, I had reas this evaluation, and that is what promted my question. I want to know some real world hunting experience with these sights...not just a test experiment. I tried a broadhead that had very high marks from an independent tester......and found it to be very inferior in real hunting situations. I believe it was because the testing conditions cannot simulate real hunting conditions. (Nor did they claim to.)"

Ain't it the truth!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:47 PM

All I can say is that I've broken at least one pin on every hunt I've taken my Cobra Sidewinder, both the .018" and the .029" pin models, sometimes I've even broken 2 of the 3 pins. I'm looking for something better.

Quick Reply: Durablity of sight pins? Best Sight choice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.