Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

2005 NH coyote

Old 02-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default 2005 NH coyote

Was coming back from the icefishing derby this morning and came across this female walking across a farmers field. Stopped and asked the guy if I could take a shot at it and he want to shoot the breeze. I interrupted him and said, "look, that coyote isn't going to stay there forever! can I take the shot or not?" Oh yeah he said but I think it's too far for a shot. Well that's all I need to hear, the OK to shoot plus the challenge in from of the farmer.

Tried to get the coyote to stop but it didn't want anything to do with my attempts. The farm got his dog to bark which made the coyote stop in her tracks! Bang! my gun rang out and the coyote flipped up and over and ran 15 yards straight at us then rolled got up went another 10 yards and was DONE I thought it was about 120 yards but I went home got my range finder and came up with 142 yards from where I shot My Ruger 22 Hornet did a nice job of putting her down.

I could turkey hunt this farm but never allowed to deer hunt, after shooting the farmer was impressed with my shot and said I can deer anytime I want. My first coyote was with the bow and now the second one with the 22Hornet She's not a huge one but she's dead! A dead coyote is alway a good one

Old 02-06-2005, 12:08 PM

Default RE: 2005 NH coyote

Nice one MK, and you are right, a dead coyote is a good coyote, gonna mount it? If you do, be careful,I have yet to see but 1 good mount, the rest look like really ugly dogs
Old 02-06-2005, 12:37 PM

Nice shooting MK. Thanks for sharing. Real nice picture too except for that awful hat you are wearing
Old 02-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Sometime in life you just got to look to other way! Look at what I'm going through today, we're hosting the Super Bowl party tonight and I'm a STEELER fan! I'm going to have all Patroits fans so I'll be doing a lot of looking the other way! One good thing about shooting this coyote today, I now can save my deer steaks kabobs I was making because I'm now serving "coyote on a stick" and "coyote chow-da" for Pats fans tonight

I've already got a skull mount and hide from my first one so I don't think I'll be mount this one. A friend of mine who traps said he'll take it.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:36 AM

Nice range shot. Keep up the good shooting.

ORIGINAL: MK-M-GOBL

Was coming back from the icefishing derby this morning and came across this female walking across a farmers field. Stopped and asked the guy if I could take a shot at it and he want to shoot the breeze. I interrupted him and said, "look, that coyote isn't going to stay there forever! can I take the shot or not?" Oh yeah he said but I think it's too far for a shot. Well that's all I need to hear, the OK to shoot plus the challenge in from of the farmer.

Tried to get the coyote to stop but it didn't want anything to do with my attempts. The farm got his dog to bark which made the coyote stop in her tracks! Bang! my gun rang out and the coyote flipped up and over and ran 15 yards straight at us then rolled got up went another 10 yards and was DONE I thought it was about 120 yards but I went home got my range finder and came up with 142 yards from where I shot My Ruger 22 Hornet did a nice job of putting her down.

I could turkey hunt this farm but never allowed to deer hunt, after shooting the farmer was impressed with my shot and said I can deer anytime I want. My first coyote was with the bow and now the second one with the 22Hornet She's not a huge one but she's dead! A dead coyote is alway a good one

Old 02-07-2005, 10:24 AM

Pretty amazing that the coyote was hanging around while you were talking to the farmer! Whereabouts in NH were you? Really nice looking pelt.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in Contoocook and the coyote was shot in Webster. When I first saw her she was walking along the road about 100+ yards out behind the farmers home and barn. The farmer was already in front of his house when I stop so all I needed to do was ask and slip behind his house. I only stop at the farm around turkey season so I guess he wanted to catch up what's been happening. He didn't say much before I interrupted him because I could see in the field and the coyote started heading away from the farm.

After I got my coyote out of the field we caught up on what's been going on and he told me they had 5 coyote messing with the calfs at the feeder that's only 100+ yards away from the barn[]. They moved the calfs into the barn and actually had two coyotes come right up to barnyard. A third one stayed out about 100 yards and they didn't know about the two up close until they started shooting at the third coyote with the 30-30. I plan on hitting this farm pretty hard if these coyote are being that bold and stupid
Old 02-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice one, and any one who's a steeler fan to boot is alright in my book. Funny that the farmer thought a 142 yd shot was far. Glad you made him see it was doable.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:24 PM

Just like life!!! 2 winners on Sunday you and the PATS. 2 losers as well Eagles and Yote!!
Old 02-09-2005, 01:34 PM

Congrats on a beautiful mut! How did you make out at the Winni Derby?

Quick Reply: 2005 NH coyote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.