Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

2005 NH coyote

Old 02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2005 NH coyote

Thanks for all the compliments I didn't fish the derby this year. Just went up to get photos of the bobhouses there by the headquarters and see what was on the board. I'm getting tried of going out and fishing that derby only to have residents and non-residents go five feet from where you're fishing and start drilling holes[:@] Seems like the past three times I fished it I was surrounded by ignorant people and it keeps get worse each year.

Two years ago on the first day, I had a guy from MA and his kid literally drill all around my tip-ups. Then the kid did nothing all day but ride their sled in circles! I didn't say anything that day but the next morning I moved down the shore to another brook feeding into the lake. Saw the same guy come out on to the lake and pulled right up to me again. This time I told him to get lost before they even started to set-up. He told me, "the lake was open to everyone to fish and I couldn't tell them to get lost" which he was right! Well, every other word out of my mouth from that point on was "F" this and "F" that and within 20 minutes they were gone! Hated to do it but I was [:@] So rather than deal with that again I just stick to smaller derby's like the Newfound derby with less people
Old 02-10-2005, 08:07 AM

Seems like the past three times I fished it I was surrounded by ignorant people and it keeps get worse each year.
I know exactly what you mean. I try to fish some of the other lakes that produce winning fish. I've had pretty good luck over at Massabesic. The pull some dandies out of it's waters and it's slightly less crowded then Merideth.

Once again congrats on a beautiful dog. I'll have to try this approach when looking for a farm to hunt deer. "hey farmer shut up if you don't mind, I got a shot developing here."
Old 02-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks bud
Old 02-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

Nice coyote...I'm in Brentwood and we hear a few now & then but everyone in this sub-divison think guns are evil so I keep a low profile because we have a local business other wise I would set up in the evening and shoot a few..neighbors that is
Need a Yankee hat ?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:06 PM

Outdoor- Were practically neighbors. I'm over in Raymond. Maybe we will have to get together for a coffee and talk about hunting and devise a plan for them yote's.