HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2005 NH coyote
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 11:50 AM
MKMGOBL
Typical Buck

Default 2005 NH coyote

Was coming back from the icefishing derby this morning and came across this female walking across a farmers field. Stopped and asked the guy if I could take a shot at it and he want to shoot the breeze. I interrupted him and said, "look, that coyote isn't going to stay there forever! can I take the shot or not?" Oh yeah he said but I think it's too far for a shot. Well that's all I need to hear, the OK to shoot plus the challenge in from of the farmer.

Tried to get the coyote to stop but it didn't want anything to do with my attempts. The farm got his dog to bark which made the coyote stop in her tracks! Bang! my gun rang out and the coyote flipped up and over and ran 15 yards straight at us then rolled got up went another 10 yards and was DONE I thought it was about 120 yards but I went home got my range finder and came up with 142 yards from where I shot My Ruger 22 Hornet did a nice job of putting her down.

I could turkey hunt this farm but never allowed to deer hunt, after shooting the farmer was impressed with my shot and said I can deer anytime I want. My first coyote was with the bow and now the second one with the 22Hornet She's not a huge one but she's dead! A dead coyote is alway a good one