Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunters FINAL solution! >

PA Hunters FINAL solution!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunters FINAL solution!

Old 12-08-2004, 07:30 AM

Default RE: PA Hunters FINAL solution!

chickory,

I really do feel for the guys that aren't seeing as many deer as they should be, thats why I feel they should do something. My post "PA hunters complain too much" is about the guys who will do nothing but complain, yet they aren't willing to try and do anything about the situation. I see it all the time. It seems a little counter-productive for me to see guys waisting energy on complaining to guys that can't change anything. Like I said, these guys need to get up and let the PGC know whats on there minds!

boozer,

Your comment "All bucks shot on Private lands that are entered in the record book should be removed" is just ridiculous. When I talk about private land, I am not talking about game farms, I am talking about guys who own there own property or who hunt property that others own and they have permission. Saying that only public land deer should be enetered in the bucks is just crazy.

Cardeer,

Like I have said for the past several years, you are always welcome here. The ground blind is still waiting for you

thecontractor,

Where is the contradiction in that statement? The land is mostly broken woodlots and our deer population is still high. In the past years though it has began to get more in check and things are looking better!

MikeE51848 and thecontractor,

I have not told any guys on here that they are lazy hunters. I have said that it is getting harder to kill bucks because the average age of legal bucks is now 2.5 and these deer have been through a season and learned a few tricks. I am not one of the guys saying that you need to get as far from roads as possible, if I did say that, I would be contradiciting myself as my prime hunting spot is located between a prison and a airport! I can't tell you guys how to hunt as I havn't been in your shoes. If you guys are out there doing all that you can and you aren't seeing the deer numbers you should, get envolved and let your opinions be heard!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:35 AM

Guys are getting blasted for filling more than one tag a year

Would you still buy/fill those tags if your freezer is full ? Here in NJ , we are fighting just to save our seasons since the Antis & tree huggers have the commish of the game coucil in their backpocket. Maybe your PA doe herd is hurting because too many guys shoot does just to "kill" something. I'm actually glad they changed the regs this yr in Jersey to only bucks for 6 day firearm. Last year it was unlimited does and I saw clubs with sometimes 15-20 does outta one area , this is not good. If your freezer is full dont shoot just to "kill" something. Wait till next season.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

slugman: well said. I too have said if anyone is killing any game animal after they have all the meat they can use THAT IS WRONG.
what ever happened to one of the very basic rules of fair chase? (Kill only what you can use and leave the rest)
The guys that fish have figured this out years ago with "catch and release " , now as we can't very well breath life back into something that is harvested the next thing to do is just not kill it to begin with. If some guys just gotta be out there in deer season after they have killed what they need why not PROVE what a sportsman/woman you truely are an volunteer to take a neighborhood kid out while you leave you weapons at home,or visit a senior center and offer to take a senior hunting.
I have no respect for anyone whom will just keep killing cause they love the sport after the freezers are full.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another good post BM, guess you'll never please/reason with some people.

FYI - you can never have enough meat in the freezer and if you do you can always donate it to the needy (at least in NY)
Old 12-08-2004, 11:39 AM

you can never have enough meat in the freezer
even when its full ? What you just buy another freezer ?
Old 12-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Doughboy; comments like you can never have enough meat in the freezer, give ALL hunters a black eye.
Just stop an think how that sounds to a non hunter! FYI it reads GREEDY TRIGGER HAPPY KILLER
Old 12-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

there is a tract of state game lands out here in pike county in north east PA that is almost 12,000 acres....yes it's hunted hard and yes it's hard to see deer at times....when i got my buck this year in bow season it was the one of maybe 10 deer i have seen on game lands this year in that area....and yes with it being bow season there wasn't alot of guys in the woods but that doesn't mean alot either with something this big in acres and no food plots so you can't pattern the deer like on farm land....i only hunt public land as i don't know anyone who has good land so to speak....and i'm sure out here in pike co there's alot of deer still cause when i go to work at 10:00 pm i just bout hit 2 deer a week going to and from work and that's a low avg....and the comment bout keep shooting deer after the freezer is full must know guys with a small freezer....i have a 5.0 cu foot freezer that is the height of a office frig that will hold 6 deer....and have never filled it yet....last year with 4 deer it was still half empty....and if i have doe tags still after my freezer happens to get full i know lots of people that will take the deer and will be greatful for me doing that for them....and i will keep going out hunting cause i like the outdoors and the feeling WE ALL get being out there....i think we all feel....if i don't "KILL A DEER" oh well but i enjoyed myself out there while i still can....and if your one who complains bout not seeing deer when you go out there well i think your one who has to kill something each and every time you go out into the woods....i've gone a whole week without seeing something to kill in one's mind but haven't gone on any forum and vented bout not seeing anything....well i've said enough and to those who are in the same mindset as me will understand what i've just said....everyone have a marry christmass and a happy new year..............bob
Old 12-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is all rediculous and depressing!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:06 PM

slugman and ulysses,

When I talk about filling more than one tag, I don't mean shooting deer just to shoot them and waste the meat. This year, the only meat I kept from my doe was one back-strap. The rest went to my aunt and uncle who aren't too well set financially. They are both disabled (my uncle has black lung and severe arthritis in his kness, my aunt had cancer, and has a list of other health problems). They both don't work and they struggle to make it year in and year out. The extra deer meat that I give them goes a long way! Every bit of the deer gets eatten and goes to people who need the meat more than I do. I'll tell you flat out that I love going out chasing deer, and even though I don't keep as much meat, I still love venision, but I know that the meat I give them means more to them than it would for me!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

you need to take a pill an relax. I have personally never been able to get "enough" meat to fill my frezzer, therfore never had enough. My point is, I can use all the venison I can ever shoot with the tags I get. whether that is one deer, 2, 3 ,4, maybe even 5 (the most I have ever gotten is 2-3). I can eat it and enjoy it all the time, I can share with my family and friends. So if I use all the deer I shoot (oh, and all with single shot kills) am I still "a greedy, trigger happy hunter" If I give hunters a bad name for that then I guess that is the case. Maybe you might want to look at all the posts you been throwing out - b*tchin and complaining, bashing other individuals, calling names, pointing fingers, etc. and ask yourself, who is actually giving hunters a "black eye".

Quick Reply: PA Hunters FINAL solution!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.