Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 any success in vt ? >

any success in vt ?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

any success in vt ?

Old 11-15-2004, 02:43 AM

Default any success in vt ?

Whent out sat for most of day and froze, didnt even see a tail. yesterday lil better, still didnt see any , going bk out in a lil while to have at it again. Just currious if anyone else has any better succes over weekend? good luck.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: any success in vt ?

dead deer here. went out for a couple hours saturday, mostly to sit in the afternoon, spooked one on the way in. sunday, only went out to sit that night with my five year, didn't expect to see anything with her because she has ant's in her pants, but was still glad because she wanted to be with dad. on the way to work this morning, saw nice big doe with two yearlings about 10 after 6, then about a quarter mile from the shop five minutes later, a really nice spike with 9" horns stood in the field at about 150 yards being stupid, waiting for traffic, i think. he weighed in at 130lbs. need another freezer soon, two turkeys this spring, a bear in sept., a moose in oct, now a buck with dec. bow season still to come. probably won't get anything else for ten years after a year like this one.. oh, the weekend was in jeffersonville, got the deer in berlin.
Pat
Old 11-15-2004, 07:55 PM

wow-deff sounds like a bigger freezer is due-congrats on your harvests, im hoping that i at least get a glimpse of something tommorw( other then one sighted in headlights tonight)
Old 11-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

thanks, hey, i forgot, where do you live? when i went after this one, i found out that there is a much, much larger buck in those woods. he is ripping up trees that are fence post size, or larger. going to keep an eye out for him come december, that's for sure. it's such a small chunk of woods, i doubt many people go into it.
Pat
Old 11-15-2004, 08:21 PM

i live in williamstown. sounds like he's been busy marking his territory.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

At camp sat morning I got a 4 ptr 150 lbs and a buddy got a 4 ptr 108 lbs, but the whole weekend a total of 6 deer were seen 3 does a button and the two bucks harvested. My buck was following a doe through the woods at 10 am. south western vt