Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SUCCESS!

Old 12-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default SUCCESS!

I killed a big doe this morning. I was only in stand a bit under 2 hours. I was sitting in my stand by 7:00. At 8:20 4 deer showed up at the opposite end of this field prolly because of a drive somewhere. Then they went into the fence. After that at about 8:30 a Jeep Wrangler pulled into the field off of this road. There was 2 does that ran from him up through the field and got to the top of the hill my stand is on and was walking the top toward me. I thought they were gonna go to this hillside that Im not allowd to hunt on but they kept coming.
I was thinking about which one to shoot at and decided that since they were both about the same size to just shoot the lead one. She got to my lane and I said "HEY" and she stopped and I shot and she DROPPED! Didnt run or nothin. Just fell and was dead. I got on the cell phone and it was 8:43. I called home and told my grandma and then called my buddy to come and get me cause I couldnt have gotten my truck in and then back out cause its only a 2WD. She was about 130-140lbs. and prolly 3.5 years old.
I am still excited One shot, one kill

OK, Im gonna go eat something and take a nap
Old 12-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Spike

Default RE: SUCCESS!

Congrats deerhuntr, was this a spinal shot? not too often the dont run off some.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Well, the shot entered in front of her right shoulder, like in the base of her neck, and came out through the ribs behind her left shoulder, prolly 2" behind. I think I clipped the spine in her neck, Im not sure, and I know from guttin her I got the top of her lungs.
Her back legs just, looked like they just gave out and she like sat down and then her front just tipped over. She kicked a few times, her tail twitched and then she stopped. It was over in like 2-3seconds.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats!!! i too dropped a big doe today.....she hit the ground like a brick also...her back collapsed then she toppled over.....i hit a bit high(guns sighted in at 50 a bit high so at 100 or so it was still climbing...) but i took the lungs and blew them to pieces...and the shock probally dropped her right there(shock sent waves to the spine im betting)..ive only had 3 out of 6 deer now go anywhere....both were with a solid shoulder hit....and one i hit monday right smack in the middle of the heart....she made it maybe 40 yards or so......but she was dead when the bullet went through the heart....running into trees ect....she wasnt alive for that last run......congrats on the big doe.....success is sweet!
Old 12-06-2003, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

congrats i was out the last two days with lots of snow fallin and saw a bunch of does and 1 small 4 ptr
Old 12-06-2003, 03:30 PM

Deerhunter You don't have to make a spine shot if you're in the vicinity. the shock of the shot can do it.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats. i cant wait till gun season. two days left. good shooting.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats, nice shot! Mmm, doe....
Old 12-07-2003, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great eating there congrats
Old 12-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all of the congrats!
I picked up my 2 boxes of meat this evening and I cant wait to dig in

Quick Reply: SUCCESS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.