Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

success on second day.....

Old 11-17-2003, 01:25 AM

Default success on second day.....

Well i ended my rifel season yesterday (sunday) afternoon after misjudging a deer. i shot a 100lb spike horn.. Iknow he might not the biggest deer in the woods BUT, well im happy with him, puts meat in my freazer!!! ----well reason i say msjudged is because yesterday i had turned my scope up to check out across this feild i was hunting at an edge of a wood line, low and behold i forgot to turn it back down and when he came out of nowhere in a stand of mapels well that was the end of that. Ya i know he' s small, but as i said thats okay. it' s gonna taste great though. my kids thought it was cool to see that dad shot a deer, esp my three yr old. he was/is tickled pink over it.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:39 AM

Default RE: success on second day.....

Congrats, I' m envious since we can not shoot spikes here in PA. Where is VT are you located??

Tomster
Old 11-17-2003, 07:51 AM

good deal
Old 11-17-2003, 08:48 AM

Congrats on the hunt. Hope your fam likes venison!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 11:01 AM

congrats and enjoy every bite!
Old 11-17-2003, 03:13 PM

wish i had his back strap
Old 11-17-2003, 05:48 PM

Glassing with your scope shame on you. Congrats on your deer anyway.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:56 PM

thanks to all! - ya family does like venison they can' t wait till its cut up so they can have some. its been quite awhile since we had it, so its a real treat. i live in central vt, williamstown to be precise. one of those towns that if you blink twice while going through it , you miss it . but i live about 7 miles from town in the woods next to a little pond.sweet lil spot. nyfler, funny thing is i had my binocs in my coat pocket ( ) but he came up really quick, really surpised me, at first i thought it was a doe, then put scope on him and see his spikes, well and the rest is history.--thanks again--OH and we will enjoy. Ihpoe everyones season is as successful. best of luck--
Old 11-17-2003, 07:20 PM

Glassing with your scope shame on you. Congrats on your deer anyway.
What is wrong with that? It' s so thick where I hunt that if you don' t do most of your " glassing" with your scope, you can and will miss an opportunity at a deer. Whenever a group of deer is heading in my direction, I' ll often get my gun ready because if a buck is in the back and I have to raise my gun when the does are already surrounding me, I' ll get busted for sure.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:22 PM

Hey, congratulations on your deer Webejonesin. I didn' t mean to get off topic

Quick Reply: success on second day.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.