Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NEWSFLASH: SUNDAY HUNTING IN PA! >

NEWSFLASH: SUNDAY HUNTING IN PA!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEWSFLASH: SUNDAY HUNTING IN PA!

Old 02-02-2005, 08:53 PM

Default RE: NEWSFLASH: SUNDAY HUNTING IN PA!

Interesting thought germain, but you seem to have overlooked that grouse, squirrels and other game would also be affected.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think sunday hunting would affect smallgame near as much as deer.I hardly see any smallgame hunters anymore.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:52 PM

Still lots of us small game hunters even though our numbers are down. Ya just don't see em as much now that pheasants have become put and take. Take a look at that most recent survey I posted in the other thread "Sunday hunting tops the list" and you'll see we still post some fair numbers.

As for deer, removing the ban wouldn't do anything that can't be done now. It's the PGC's goals you need to address if you feel we're overharvesting them, not Sunday hunting. They are gonna do their best to reach those goals with or without Sunday hunting.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:58 PM

Wow, this Sunday hunting thing does go back a ways. I haven't been a forum member for very long, but man, does this topic get a lot of attention, wether it's good or bad,at least it's getting talked about.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ruff,Without looking it up and it might have changed some but the biggest deer kill day was the first and the second biggest the first Saturday.Sunday would replace Saturday adding another added day of killing.I'm just talking about the public land areas that have reached or exceeded their goal.The PGC isn't planning on reducing tags most likely adding them through dmaps because most public land is state forest.Something needs done to address this and another weekend day of deer hunting will only make matters worse.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:40 PM

Still can't follow what you're saying Germain.

If the Sunday ban were removed, the PGC would still have to add Sundays into whatever season was being discussed and they've committed to doing it on a case by case basis should the law be changed.

Under existing law, they can already add in another Saturday, or another week as the Farm Bureau seems to have requested, or do it by WMU. Removal of this ban wouldn't give them anything they can't do now with other days of the week.

Essentially, nothing would change from a game management standpoint except which days they could add if they chose to add more.