Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday Hunting

Old 12-22-2003, 03:01 PM

Default Sunday Hunting

Pennsylvania definately needs to consider allowing sunday hunting of game animals. as it stands right now, those people who work five to six days a week just trying to make ends meet are getting a pretty raw deal. we need to get with the times. no sunday hunting but they are starting to open liquor stores on sunday?? what the heck is that all about?? is this 2003 (almost 2004) or what?? how do we get this into effect??
Old 12-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Hunting

you said it!
Old 12-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I WISH NEW JERSEY WOULD ALLOW SUNDAY HUNTING
Old 12-22-2003, 04:57 PM

Wishing won't do it. Here in PA, only the State Legislature can change the law and you need to contact your Representative and Senator if you want something done.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:28 PM

I think we should have hunting on Sundays but no they have to shut it down for theres no real sport in that. For they allow fishing and other fun stuff but no huntinmg they're gon mad. I even set up a voting poll on hunting for Sunday on the Hunter's Realm I think you guys should check it out. It's set up on http://www.huntersrealmforum.com
Old 12-30-2003, 03:04 PM

I feel bad for you guys! It must be a real pisser if you only have one day on the weekend to hunt. NY used to be the same way, but they did a three year trial on Sunday hunting. That was a few years ago and it was passed, no problem. Apparently everyone was happy. I know that I was. Do what you have to, but get it passed. Life is too short!

Good Luck!
John
Old 12-30-2003, 06:52 PM

I've never understood why PA refuses to open Sunday hunting. Is it because Sunday is to be a day of rest? Well I can't think of a better way to rest.

p
Old 01-03-2004, 07:10 AM

This year is the first for maryland but it is only for like 3 sundays of the 5 month season (including archery here ofcourse) I think only one Sunday during shotgun was open, which isn't that bad considering it is only a 2 week season but why not open every Sunday for bow hunting, what is the harm? Do they want to reduce deer numbers or not?
Old 01-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm from NY and we can hunt sunday (knock on wood). What exactly is the reasoning for not being able to? Last I heard is so people could peacefully walk in the woods if they wanted without hunters. If that's the reason that's insane. First of all who the heck would just go for a stroll in the woods nowadays (except hunters) especially when it's 10 degrees out? Secondly they have 10 months to do all the enjoying and strolling they want.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:58 PM

I agree that we need Sunday hunting in PA.

I think it should be limited to rifle season only though. This would allow more hunters to fill thier tags.

Quick Reply: Sunday Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.