Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sunday hunting in PA? >

Sunday hunting in PA?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting in PA?

Old 04-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Spike

Default Sunday hunting in PA?

Hi -

Relatively a new member here and haven't posted a lot. Found a matter of interest to those who live in PA and or hunt there. State legislation is pending to allow hunting on Sunday. The cause has been taken up by a radio personality who is looking for presentation support. If anyone shares interest, go to www.grizzlygary.com and make your voice heard. I hope this message is appropriate for this board.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2007, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Sunday hunting in PA?

I clicked on the link but I did'nt see anything about hunting on sunday.However I'm all for hunting on sundays.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with it, hammer your state reps and senators, but don't be surprised if you lose. You're fighting a very uphill battle.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think the battle has actually gained some momentum in recent years. I wouldn't be surprised if it would pass this year...or next.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

Gee I hope it don't go through that is the only day I get to hunt by myself .. Just kidding .. I guess I would rather not see it pass, It seems the heard around here is getting smaller each year ..
Old 04-20-2007, 06:20 AM

It's time to pass the Sunday hunting bill. I work 3 out of 4 Saturdays and 2-3 evenings during the week. Mostpeople I know work more and more.
I can fish on Sunday...why not hunt??? Hunting time is ata premium. I'm not saying I would hunt every Sunday. Like any other day,family commitments come first. It would be nice to have the option when the opportunity arises and when the STEELERS have a Monday night game.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The problem is that people naturally fear and resist CHANGE...

The vast majority of people who support the Sunday hunting ban support it soley because it has ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY...Doesn't need to make any SENSE, but leave it alone because it's ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY......

Old 04-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't even know a reason you can't hunt Sundays? I've never found anything that anyone would gain from it.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:09 PM
jf5

ORIGINAL: SoggyCereal

Am I the only one who doesn't even know a reason you can't hunt Sundays? I've never found anything that anyone would gain from it.
Old blue laws. Same here in MA
Old 04-22-2007, 09:23 AM

While I can't argue about more time in the woods, we need to look at the bigger picture. Sundays are the only day many other outdoor recreation enthusiasts use public lands during hunting season. I'm not only talking about game lands, I also mean state forests, state parks, etc. Many of these people are either indifferent or supportive of hunting. I think we stand to alienate many of these people to this sport. Certainly guys who work Saturdays have a valid point, but I'm just saying these things should be considered. The woman who's property I bowhunt on told me "there will be no Sunday hunting on my property". Also my neighbors (mostly Mennonites), who do not post their property,will not permit it. All things to consider.

Quick Reply: Sunday hunting in PA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.