Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE Deer Season Recap >

DE Deer Season Recap

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Deer Season Recap

Old 02-02-2005, 06:23 PM

Default DE Deer Season Recap

Okay guys. Lets hear how we all did. Lets hear totals, type (buck, doe), during what season (Archery, Shotgun, Muzzleloader, October Shotgun, etc) and private vs public land harvest.

Unfortunately, this is easy for me. I zipped. Hunted my small lease alot and saw a nice amount of deer but only had 1 shot and that shot was a bad one on my part.

I really wanted to hunt the public land close by more, but the sign at the leased land just drew me there. In retrospect, maybe if I wouldnt have pressure the private spot so much, I might have got more shot opportunities. Its all hindsight now.

So, lets hear it! Harvests and stories! Its a long way to 9/1!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:14 AM

Default RE: DE Deer Season Recap

i ended up with 2 does and my first buck...my dad ended up with 4 nice does, a small buck, and a beautiful 8pt, 4 of them killed on a big farm in st michaels maryland(dupont estate), both bucks killed in PA, 2 of my deer came off of the big farm in MD...but the other was killed off our leased place... i saw tons in the 1st week of shotgun..but after i didnt see much here in De..im lookin to invest in a bow this off season and a couple new spots, ill be drivin next season so ill be able to do some huntin alone
Old 02-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DE Deer Season Recap

I got a couple does in early bow season and passed on a spike and a fork horn and then got a 6 pointer during the rut. In rifle season I took another 6 pointer and passed on a smaller fork horn. I had a chance on a nice 8 pointer but just couldn't get a good shot at him and he got away. In muzzleloader season I took a nice 10 pointer the first morning I was out. I finished the season with five deer total and left 2 tags unfilled. I had plenty of chances to fill them but the weather turned off warm and I had all the meat I needed. I used the extra tags as an excuse to be out there hunting with friends and family. Overall I woud say it was a good season and I can't wait until mid October 2005 to get started all over again. All of my hunting was done on private land.