Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV Pics

Old 08-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WV Pics

Went to our place this week. Had a ball. I took these pics at our deer feeder. I am going to have to remove the feeder, as it is illegal to feed bears at all. The feeder has never been hunted over, is for viewing purposes only.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WV Pics

This buck was also there.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pro where are you located in WV, we were there last week end at Doug MD's hunting camp working on the interior. He is 21 mile S. of Moorefield kon Hinkle mtn Rd what a place he has. I am going to Tyler Cty near the Ohio border in Sept to help another friend frmae up his cabin. I like WV and would like to find a small farm or wood lot over there nearest the Eastern edge.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron...My property is right in the center of the state. It's Braxton county. We are about as remote as one can get. It's a mile and a half through a running creekbed to get to our place and our closest neighbor is about 2 miles.

We have roughly 400 acres with a house on it. My dad purchased the first parcel in the mid 60's, as he grew up there. We've added on bits and pieces over the years. My wife and I bought another 82 acres that borders all our other land a couple years ago.

It's a long ways to Doug's from our place. Plus there is hardly any way to get there...LOL His pics look incredible. His cabin is going to be perfect when it's finished. Makes our cabin look shabby!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:07 AM

I was you neighbor for a while in Gilmer County. Took this nice 9ptr there.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:07 PM

Gotta love being in WV....beautiful land..lots of it very undeveloped...cheap taxes...

too many reasons to lists as to why I love to call WV home.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Pro, your less than 45 minutes from me I think. LOL Give me a yell next time you and the Mrs come down, maybe Ian and I can come an meet you, and the family. Do you get off at the Frametown exit??

Gotta love home sweet home WV!! Great state, people and this state runs the gauntlet for its diversity and beauty!!! Not to mention we have Awesome whitetails !!

P.S. Pro.....the sow around here never comes around my feeder that I have seen. But then you rarely see her or her cubs from this year. I think this year she may only be hearsay.....but then we saw Blackie scat the last time Ian and I were in the woods. ??? Go figure.....
Just remembered that your lil one is not old enough to rough it just yet. Close though, mighty close.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Christine...I'm heading in this weekend to mow and see if I can get some good pics of the big bear. Hopefully he's still around.

We don't come in 79. We come in through Glenville and down Cedar Creek.

The boy's 9 months, and he and mom were going to come in with me tomorrow...but he's teething, and I'm not real keen on the 4+ hr truck ride with him not feeling too well...so I'm a bachelor again this weekend.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pro-Line, Be sure to post more pics if you happen upon him/her again. My boys (4 and 2) haven't been to the place at all yet, because of the long ride and unfinished place with nails everywhere and no step railings, etc. But I am hoping to take them this fall. I'm leaving in about an hour to do more drywall work. 5 of the 7 others who were slated to go had to back out, but hopefully 3 of us can get a bit done.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

The impending hurricane's (plural) cancelled me out, Believe me I'd much rather be in W . V. banging nails and watching deer that sitting around here worrying about trees falling on my house or my neighbors house.Going up to my place in PA next week end, maybe have a little animal activity up there..