Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 BEST PLACE FOR N.J. DEER PROCESSING? >

BEST PLACE FOR N.J. DEER PROCESSING?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

BEST PLACE FOR N.J. DEER PROCESSING?

Old 07-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default BEST PLACE FOR N.J. DEER PROCESSING?

ive eaten my last piece of grizzley tasting deer meat!. when possible i will process my own but last year i tried my regular guy as well as 2 new butchers. let me tell you there is quite a difference out there. my favorite although pricey is one that is in pennsy. its called ely pork farm just across the border. www.elyporkproducts.com the pork roll is great as well as the sausage is the best yet. a little pricey but i can really eat there stuff year round. i know many hunters in new jersey use back yard or home garage type services and most are good but i just couldnt believe the differences. im gonna try some other ones this year . i travel an hour to go to elys so if any have a favorite you think is worth trying let me know.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:04 PM

Default RE: BEST PLACE FOR N.J. DEER PROCESSING?

I go to bernies in sayerville he does a great job i use to go to one in leanardo but i was not happy with his cuts.
Good luck Rob
Old 07-07-2004, 03:12 PM

One in Haledon on I think Belmont ave called Pork store or shop.973-595-8282.Its a hungarian family that has owned it for what I was told 40-50yrs.They can make all kinds of sausages in all kinds of caseings, salami's,dogs.bratwursts as well as just butchering the deer.Alittle pricy,but top notch.
PETE
Old 07-07-2004, 04:34 PM

I have been to the pork store also Carl does an exellent job but like non typical said it is not cheap and the deer has to be skinned.
Rob
Old 07-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the suggestions. i just ate my last pack of the tasty stuff. i thought it would last till september. i will have to hunt harder this year and keep the freezer a little bit more full
Old 07-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Where are you located in NJ? J pearson on 31 in Flemington does a good job. How does ELY work? Do you have to bring the whole deer down or can you just bring de-boned meat for him to prosess?

That pork roll is excellent!
Old 07-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also goto the Healdon Pork Store. Freezer still filled with deer and a NJ black bear. The bear sausage wasn't as tasty as I had from others, but overall he makes good stuff!!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

im located off exit 117 off the parkway near hazlet and middletown. its a small town called union beach. i found elys deer processing from going to the august whitetail jamboree at the sportsmens center in bordentown. they had a set up in one of the tents. they had samples of alot of goodies like venesion cheese hot dogs and sausages. when you pull up to the farm its pretty big. they have a good size building with a rack conveyor system that they put your deer on and give it a number just like at the dry cleaners. from what i was told they have won many awards for there recipes. you then can check on the web site to see if its done. usually about a week or less. its a big operation and judging by the amount of deer coming in and out there are a bunch of happy fat hunters[8| im about a little over an hour to get there but where i hunt its a little closer. if i could find this type quality a little closer to home i would be all set.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think you will find any place better than Elys. I live about 5 min away from them and all of my deer go there for processing.

BTW: You have to try their honey baloney. It is really top notch.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:03 PM

Liquid, I'm from monmouth county NJ. I've been looking for a butcher also. I didn't get a chance to drop off any deer at Ely's. I did have their samples last year at the Jamboree, and they were all great. I've basically used your "garage" type butchering services. I usually just get your standard steaks and sausage. I want to find a place that makes pork roll. I've heard that in Middletown there is a butcher who makes pork roll. Don't remember what the name was or exactly where it is though.