Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Trout Opener? >

PA Trout Opener?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Trout Opener?

Old 04-19-2004, 07:54 PM

Default RE: PA Trout Opener?

If misery loves company, here is my tale. I went out with my 13 yo son on Sat to Oswayo Creek, Eleven Mile and then Genessee River headwater. Between the 2 of us and 5hours of fishing, caught 2 trout, 1 native 4 incher on a minnow and one 9 incher. Also used meal worms, earthworms and nightcrawlers to no avail. I did see some fish caught, but other than that, I hoping for better days. I thought the color in the water was perfect, maybe the water was too cold, maybe I stink as a fisherman. Anyhow, a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lots of guys didn't do too well opening day. I think Alt had something to do with it. 1s the deer now our trout
Old 04-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Despite the risk of turning an honest, simple PA fishing thread into something more than that I think we should have Alt manage our trout stocking and our pheasant stocking.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:15 PM

Well, it has picked up a bit, but not much!

Monday I went to Brush Creek and between my bestfriend, my girlfriend, and I, we caught a total of 7 trout! I got two, my best friend got four, and my girlfriend got one! We fished for about 5 hours, and we covered about 2 miles of stream! I did see about a dozen dead trout laying in the brush on the sides of the stream! Guess they couldn't make it back in the stream after the flooding!

Yesterday I fished Little YellowCreek and had a pretty good time. In about an hour of fishing, I caught three brown trout and my best friend got four trout and a smallmouth! The fish were following the lures pretty good but still wouldn't commit like normal!

This week, a few of the streams around here are getting stocked, and the YellowCreek Trout Club should be putting there trout in Little YellowCreek (they put big trout in, averagine about 17" or so"
Old 04-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

This week, a few of the streams around here are getting stocked, and the YellowCreek Trout Club should be putting there trout in Little YellowCreek (they put big trout in, averagine about 17" or so"
Don't you just love big trout contests? Several of the local clubs sponsor them as well. It is always a wild time latching into a big one on a regular basis.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:25 AM

Hey Frank,

Having Little YellowCreek ten minutes from my house is great. The Fish and Boat Commission stock it pretty heavily year round, plus the Yellow Creek Trout Club has permission the stock it!

Renosky Fishing Lure company is in my town, about 10 minutes from my house, and Joe Renosky's son Jason is the president of the Yellow Creek Trout Club! They have a private section of Little Yellow Creek that is open only to the members, but, this year, the flooding pushed alot of the monster trout out of there 2 mile section, and they also stock the rest of the creek with big trout and have a designated "kids day"! It is great that they have this program so kids can go out and hook some big trout, the funny thing though is that on the "kids day", there are more grown-ups fishing than kids
Old 04-22-2004, 06:33 PM

Hey bud I fish by Raven Creek where at the creek do you fish at because I fish sometimes at West Creek.