Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

PA trout opener!!!!

Old 04-08-2004, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA trout opener!!!!

Hey i was curious to who all is form PA , and who is going fishing on the 17th . I will either be in Mckean Co. fishing the kinzua creeks, or in westmoreland county fishing twin lakes... If you will be goin out where are you headed?
Old 04-08-2004, 07:25 AM

Default RE: PA trout opener!!!!

Ill either go to Raven Creek or Pine Creek, for the natives. And when I say Pine creek its not the one that goes through the little grand canyon. This is a different one that goes through the woods out in the boondocks and nobody else fishes it, but I know better, it holds alot of good natives.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:45 PM

Roaring brook in Lackawanna County, or perhaps one of the smaller streams in Pike county. Sometimes we go for native brookies on the first day, catch and release and avoid the madness. Looking forward to it, Juniorpc.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:04 PM

I will be fishing in Indiana County on the first day, probablly Brush Creek. During the rest of the week, I will be fishing Yellow Creek, Little Yellow Creek, and Little Mahonning Creek! The rest of the spring, I will be traveling all over the state trying to catch some trout! I will definetly be going to the Tionesta and Clarion Rivers, probablly Spruce Creek, Spring Creek, and Clear Creek also!
Old 04-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck guys, michigan's opener is coming in a couple of weeks, can't wait!!!
Old 04-12-2004, 03:27 PM

I think I will pass on the trout and go for some toothy critters.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:35 PM

I'm from PA and I already have the stocking list from the fish commission and I'm stocking on some more spinners. Plus I bought some more line and I'm also looking at some more techinques that will be helpful for both lakes and streams. Because some of my friends don't have waders so I use the lakes. But now I need to check everything over and put it all in order.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:05 AM

I'll probably be doing a little fly-fishing at Loyalhanna Creek. Buck Magnet, do you know someone who owns property on Spruce or are you just gonna fish along the public part? I was up there last month and I fished the Little Juniata, caught a couple but things were tough. I didn't even try fishing Spruce.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:46 PM

Well good idead but I don't fish the western part of the state much unless I'm going camping. But it does sound fun I do fish in areas like of Fishing and west Creeks in Benton, along with Pine Creek in Huntington Mills. For they're the biggest creeks I go to most of the time but every once in a while I go Wallopean Creek that runs along the mountains not that far from me but that creek is a hike to get to with those boots on. But theres some great trout in it. But now if I could I want to try some new creeks like Bowman's Creek and somewhat the Lehigh River. Because it holds the biggest amount of trout in the state.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will be heading up to Promised Land State Park for the opening weekend. I have to work down in the shop until 6 pm tomorrow but then I am off. I will probably fish the creek first and then head to the lower lake in the afternoon.