Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 White tail hunting in Maine >

White tail hunting in Maine

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

White tail hunting in Maine

Old 03-15-2004, 11:50 AM

Default RE: White tail hunting in Maine

Hunting up here is tough. I live here in western Maine and can hunt all month in the afternoon. I have taken a buck every year since I was 16 (now29). But only a handful were wall hangers. I love to hunt deer. But I make sure to built a trip or two into my hunting year that will put me odds up of killing a trophy deer. I guide up here for bear and we have some of the best bear hunting in the country, now that might go down the road due to a vote. I will say that maine does still have plenty of public land in my area and the rougher the hunt the greater the rewards.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:50 PM

I hunt the central part of maine in farm country and I see a lot of deer in the week I hunt it (1st week) mostly does and I've gotten a buck every other year for the last six years. biggest being 175lbs. my buddy has taking a buck every year for the past 7yrs, his biggest being 185lbs. I seen a few 200lbs in the woods but never got a shot at one.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

i have a friend who is a guide up in edmunds in washington county. he ain't no midget, escpecially in the middle. he showed me some pics of deer he has shot, he fits inside of the width of one of the racks, gotta be 24-26", at least, with his gut, inside spread. according to him, deer are plentiful and large in his area, in fact there are too many in some spots that he pointed out, the just off-shore islands that are within an easy swim for a deer. he runs a check-in station, says his store and others in the area usually weigh in quite a few 200lb+ deer every year.