Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
public land hunting >

public land hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

public land hunting

Old 02-03-2002, 05:34 PM

Default public land hunting

Can anyone tell me where in PA or NY near NJ is some Public Land that has Wild Boar/Hogs? I know PA lets you hunt Boars/Hogs year round don't know about NY that info will also help...or if anyone out there has some land, maybe we can work a deal...

Live to Hunt.....Hunt to Live
NAHC & BuckMaster Member
Old 02-03-2002, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: public land hunting

mysticguido, I don`t know about NY, but PA does not have wild boar/hog hunting. That is only on game farms here.
Old 02-04-2002, 05:03 AM

mysticguido,

If you want to hunt wild hogs on public land, I think the only states that have these beasts are in the south east. Texas has some but I do not know if they have any on public ground.

I can only talk about TN. They have wild hogs in the Cherokee National Forest, In the Ecusa (sp?) WMA near Crossville, and a few WMA's in Western TN. When I lived there the guys that were successful filling their tags used dogs.

Gar
Old 02-04-2002, 05:33 AM

I know about Texas I used to live there..sometime this month or next month I go in for heart surgery, Tenn sounds good..does anyone know about WV, VA or how about Bear on Public land in States near NJ...

Live to Hunt.....Hunt to Live
NAHC & BuckMaster Member
Old 02-04-2002, 01:33 PM
RNZ

There is no wild boar hunting in NY, unless you go to one of those special ranches. Also there are only a few states that offer a sping bear season (to answer your Big Game post) the closest being Wyoming. You may want to look into a spring bear hunt in either Quebec or New Brunswick they would be closer.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Ohio has feral hogs open year round I believe but not sure. WV has wild boar and a season to go along with them...They are in some pretty rugged areas.
Old 02-04-2002, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ohio does have a year round season on feral hogs...but there aren't any. I don't think any have been taken in years. They still have the season on the books so that any that get loose can be killed.

As far as hunting them in WV...it's tough. There were only like 40 killed in the entire state this year.