Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Maryland Hunters ,Any here ? >

Maryland Hunters ,Any here ?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland Hunters ,Any here ?

Old 11-03-2003, 10:01 AM

Default Maryland Hunters ,Any here ?

Just wondering sence I am new to this forum ,How many Maryland hunters are on here and were abouts are yall located.

Old 11-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Maryland Hunters ,Any here ?

I live in Gambrills and hunt in Maryland and West Virginia. I am building a cabin in WV, and with two small kids, haven' t had time to hunt Maryland this year yet. I plan to get out a few times in PG and Charles counties...
Old 11-03-2003, 11:58 AM

I live in NJ but drive to Dorchester county every weekend to hunt.
It was worth the drive this weekend, I drove back with an 8pt.
There' s quite a few MD hunters that frequent this forum.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

I live and hunt in Charles County, sometimes hunt in St.Mary' s & Southern PG County
Old 11-03-2003, 01:54 PM

Hello James. I am from Maryland. My name is James E.(tony) Sanders. I live and Bowhunt in Southern Anne Arundel County. I live in Shady Side, MD and have been a Maryland resident all my life. If you are like me I just LOVE to BOWHUNT. Anyhow its good to meet fellow Bowbenders from my home state. Shoot Straight and Good Hunting.

Tony Sanders/aka" SNUFFER"
Old 11-03-2003, 06:11 PM

Welcome James. I live in Harford County, MD and do just about all of my hunting in Washington County.
Jim
Old 11-04-2003, 06:53 AM

Here is something for you Bowhunters,

Many know,but more do not know of this place and it is public hunting,but I can tell ya there isnt much hunting traffic there,It is located in Aqausco and run by the Md.national park and Planning commision.Aqausco Farm off Aquasco Farm road.I have been in there for the DNR checking on Coyote sitings (they are there) and am wainting to trap some for the DNR and MdP&P after season over.

In the past 3 weeks I have seen a couple guys coming out with some nice Bucks,A 14 pointer,a 10,and a few nice 8' s.This place is loaded,If you bow hunt and havnt tryed this place,Go do it........You will not be disappointed.

After this year ,I (My biz) will problably be in there next year to thin out the deer a bit for the parks and the DNR.

Alot of deer around guys,Have been working several Crop damage permits over the years,And have seen more this year than ever...Total so far for the year is
209 deer.

Good luck ,and Bow hunters ,Trust me,Go try this place out !!!

Old 11-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, James,
What county is this public land in? BTW, I live, and mostly hunt, in Frederick County.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven' t hunted in MD yet but have done a ton of fishing. I spent my honeymoon on the Chesapeake, too. My in-laws live on the Eastern Shore about 45 minutes from Salisbury (Deal Island). I' ve been trying to get down to the Eastern Shore to hunt sikas for 5 years but haven' t made it yet.[:' (]

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 11-04-2003, 12:30 PM

Steve F.

It is in Southern PG county.

You will need a free permit,Call 301-743-5161
They are only open from 8 am-1230pm M-F.
They will ask you for some info,which you can fax to them,and they will send you a permit(WMA permit) and maps of all WMA areas in this region.

Quick Reply: Maryland Hunters ,Any here ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.