Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Coming soon PA.... >

Coming soon PA....

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Coming soon PA....

Old 08-03-2018, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in pa and have a farm 3 miles from my house... There were multiple hunters hunting it I had to wait my turn all the time... got tired of missing opening day so I asked the farmer if I could lease it... I made him a offer... he liked it and now I am the sole only swinging big Mack daddy Hoss daddy now... those other guys that were killin multiple bucks and not checking them in are outside lookin in and they are not happy... I'm enjoying quality deer hunting now... leasing is the way to go for me... those guys wouldn't of been so hungry they could of been in on it with me... oh well
Old 08-10-2018, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

guy's i have lived in ohio for 41 years now & about 20 yrs ago some leasing began. & about 10 yrs ago leasing took over like wildfire. today leasing is getting expensive due to non resident hunting . one property i was in a lease for was 600 a yr. that price in 2 yrs has gone to 2000 a yr & is hunted by slob's from the south. shooting multi bucks & not checking them in.just wait til you see the explosion of leased properties hit the fan. my brothers told me of a farm in armstrong county that was our favorite place to hunt started leasing about 5 yrs ago to a hunting club in pittsburgh for 6000 a yr & does'nt allow them to hunt there any more after 20 yrs of helping with summer chores like bailing hay & straw. just sad to see that happen. i had a piece of property in lorain county that the guy leased to la local hunt club or actually pay to hunt with them & after 1 yr the gentle told them to stay the -*(! off his property after they destroyed some of his property. now he let's me hunt there due to every spring i go out & cut trees & mostly vines down & clean up the property. he limits it to certain guys too now.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

I don't fault the farmers. If they can make a couple Grand a year they should.

It just sucks when you lose places that your family has hunted since the 1800s lol.....

And I'm not in a place financially that I can drop that kind of money.

So, public land it is...

But anyone that thinks...."it won't happen here"

Is in for a big surprise over the next few years...

-Jake
Old 08-11-2018, 03:39 AM
Typical Buck

wake up america it's coming faster than a freight train.. the old farmers would of never done this to us.now that the next generation is taken over watch out anything to turn a buck. alot of farms out here in ohio are being sold to private realitors to turn farm land into new development& homes .they buy the farm for a couple of million & the kids say i"ll never have to work again. but the realitors make a couple of kazillion dollars & screwed the farmers& they are laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

1940s rifles coming? Catch up with CA.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

Land is still cheap enough in UP you don't see leases. But you won't see the big tracts of land like you did years ago. 40 or 80s are all most can afford. Luckly lots of public land.

I don't begrudge farmers selling. It is easy money. Kdis don't want to do it. Have to hire illegals. While I don't know the details. I doubt they are being taken advantage of. Its not all that easy to develop it yourself. They are not doing any of the work, byt just signing. Not fronting any money. Lots of places crashed in 08. Housing market has exploded again, but still subdivision land sitting vacant.

Then you got the city folks moving to the country and not allowing hunting on their land. But again I don't begrudge them they paid alot of money for it. I let a buddy hunt my property, but I am not big on people around my place.

Plus the world is full of dumb asses. Do you really want them on your land? The upside is less deer to hit on the road. I am not a farmer, so that is the only upside for me.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

The world moves on. Nature of life. Even the most rural areas are not the same anymore. Though in many places they are more rural now. Though my land was being farmed until 70s, remenants of barb wire. Now heavilly wooded. Local school shut down. Other areas you know have stores when you had very little.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
wake up america it's coming faster than a freight train.. the old farmers would of never done this to us.now that the next generation is taken over watch out anything to turn a buck. alot of farms out here in ohio are being sold to private realitors to turn farm land into new development& homes .they buy the farm for a couple of million & the kids say i"ll never have to work again. but the realitors make a couple of kazillion dollars & screwed the farmers& they are laughing all the way to the bank.
farmers years ago were never offered the kind of cash many hunters today will offer, if they WERE offered it yrs ago, they too would have taken the easy money just as much as current farmers today to
then add in the FACT a farmer yrs ago could make a living off a smaller property, where as today, its almost impossible for a small farm to survive, they HAVE to make money where ever they can to make ends meet, due to costs of everything needed to farm being SO much higher
and yes I have farmed a long time

BUT again, leasing is NOT and NEVER will for a LONG time be a BIG deal in MOST of PA
too many free places to hunt, , too many already existing LARGE hunting /sportsman clubs, and quality of deer is NOT there to bring in BIG bucks, $$$$$ as in many other places, that leasing rules these days
will there be SOME that want to lease and lease land in POA< YES< and they have for yrs and yrs
but its NOT a mass move going on

and to THOSE that lease and THINK there going to have lands to themselves, I say GOOD luck to that, as in PA< from MY experience , HUNTERS in PA< trespass at WILL< generations of folks that have hunted "X" land for "X" yrs THINK they will forever no matter who owns it, or leases it!
and good luck proscuting them if all you do is lease it?
trespassing is a low fine, and even lower on most law enforcement dept list of things they care to get involved in !
YES it can get SOME a fine, or worse, but its far and few that get in trouble and as such, WHY so many trespass in PA IMO
managed a bunch of lands and been a nightmare on many with endless amounts of folks trespassing, with the same old song and dance
"I hunted her for yrs and blah blah blah"
so, good luck leasing folks if you think that gets you land all alone, same with BUYING it here!, but at least OWNING it you have more tools to use to stop it!
Old 08-11-2018, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Atleast owning it you can tear down blinds. If you can afford, owning is nice. I really enjoy managing my land. Putting in trails, ect. But I am on it regularly. If you are not, I suspect could be an issue. I also suspect it is low on cops radar too even if you provide the folks on a silver platter.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

yeah you can't blame the farmers you can blame it on their kids. just as of last month one of the properties i used to do some leasing on the father past away about 4 month's ago. kids sold it to a realtor for 2.2 million dollars. in turn the realtor sold it within 2 weeks to a developer for 25 million & the developer claims he will make & sell homes & make aprox 40 million in sales .not a bad profit for ripping off a farmer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.