HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coming soon PA....
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 07:54 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
wake up america it's coming faster than a freight train.. the old farmers would of never done this to us.now that the next generation is taken over watch out anything to turn a buck. alot of farms out here in ohio are being sold to private realitors to turn farm land into new development& homes .they buy the farm for a couple of million & the kids say i"ll never have to work again. but the realitors make a couple of kazillion dollars & screwed the farmers& they are laughing all the way to the bank.
farmers years ago were never offered the kind of cash many hunters today will offer, if they WERE offered it yrs ago, they too would have taken the easy money just as much as current farmers today to
then add in the FACT a farmer yrs ago could make a living off a smaller property, where as today, its almost impossible for a small farm to survive, they HAVE to make money where ever they can to make ends meet, due to costs of everything needed to farm being SO much higher
and yes I have farmed a long time

BUT again, leasing is NOT and NEVER will for a LONG time be a BIG deal in MOST of PA
too many free places to hunt, , too many already existing LARGE hunting /sportsman clubs, and quality of deer is NOT there to bring in BIG bucks, $$$$$ as in many other places, that leasing rules these days
will there be SOME that want to lease and lease land in POA< YES< and they have for yrs and yrs
but its NOT a mass move going on

and to THOSE that lease and THINK there going to have lands to themselves, I say GOOD luck to that, as in PA< from MY experience , HUNTERS in PA< trespass at WILL< generations of folks that have hunted "X" land for "X" yrs THINK they will forever no matter who owns it, or leases it!
and good luck proscuting them if all you do is lease it?
trespassing is a low fine, and even lower on most law enforcement dept list of things they care to get involved in !
YES it can get SOME a fine, or worse, but its far and few that get in trouble and as such, WHY so many trespass in PA IMO
managed a bunch of lands and been a nightmare on many with endless amounts of folks trespassing, with the same old song and dance
"I hunted her for yrs and blah blah blah"
so, good luck leasing folks if you think that gets you land all alone, same with BUYING it here!, but at least OWNING it you have more tools to use to stop it!