Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

1 Buck

Old 01-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RWK
This week i spoke with a young lad and he said he got 5 deer, thats wrong 3 were bucks.
Was it legal? If the population supports it and it's legal it's fine. Again, just because your herd wouldn't support it doesn't mean theirs won't... I've got properties 10 miles apart. One we have to tag with nuisance tags the other has very few deer. It all depends on how many deer are there and that mainly depends on what the property offers.
-Jake
Old 01-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RWK
This week i spoke with a young lad and he said he got 5 deer, thats wrong 3 were bucks.
Not wrong at all. The state set the regulations. He followed the regulations. You are wrong.

This agenda seems to be showing up on several hunting sites I read. It doesn't take long for the "One Buck A Season Group" to come out sayng government management is wrong, deer harvest is down, deer numbers are down, they know better than any professional and they are the only ones who know how to do it right. It ends up they want everyone to hunt so they can shoot big antlered deer.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

for 16 years I hunted va and wv I could legally take a combined total of 8 bucks and does were unlimited if I purchased the tags, what about the southern states? in the 60's and 70's in SC, season came in on the 15th of aug. went out on jan 31st the daily bag limit was a buck a day, doubt its changed much.
RR
Old 01-09-2016, 11:25 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Let the people who are paid to make those decisions make them. They know more about the herd and it's condition than hunters that have their own agenda. What works in one area will not work in another area of that same state. What works in one state will not work in another.
And they know CRAP!
Old 01-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

And there is why hunters don't get to set seasons and bag limits, they are looking at the small picture in their own little world. To say the wildlife managers in this country do not know crap, indicating you know more than they do is a fine example of the above. I can see from your post that your complaint is based on envy of other successful hunters. The fact that you spoke to a guy who took 5 deer and 3 were bucks shows that the deer population isn't wiped out. I have to ask, did you take a deer this year?

Last edited by Oldtimr; 01-09-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RWK
And they know CRAP!
And that is your opinion in support of your crap agenda. When do you show your real agenda and that is to have everyone feed a huge antler agenda in your quest to make this country a trophy hunting one. C'mon tell all of us your real agenda.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RWK
Who agrees the we should shoot only one buck per season. Rich
Absolutly not. The state of VA and the vdgif issues 3 buck tags. Then the holder of those tags can decide what he/she wants to harvest.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:21 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

The area i hunt in 9r has been beat to hell, just look how many permits were availabble.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Easy solution, hunt another area! Why would you hunt an area you believe has a low deer population? Your last post just verifies what I said earlier, you want to micro manage for the area you hunt and not for the big picture. You are envious of someone who has success and quite frankly, if that guy who riled you up managed to kill 5 deer, three of which were buck and if it happened the same zone as you hunt, you may be the problem. You made a post, hoping for support, you haven't received any to this point because you do not know enough to decide how the deer herd in your state should be managed. Neither do I, but I would't discount the expertise of the NY wildlife managers and I am quite sure they are better qualified to make the necessary decisions than you are, than I am as well.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:50 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Boy you guys just dont get it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.