Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 im back from maine bear hunt >

im back from maine bear hunt

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

im back from maine bear hunt

Old 09-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default im back from maine bear hunt

well, as you might of known, i went to maine bear hunting. we went to Jerry Thomas outfitters. nice outfitter. out of 16 hunters, we got 6 bear, wounded one, and saw a bunch of them. my father shot a 200 pound sow, my friend shot a 125 pound sow that was climbing up his stand, and i spooked one when my raincoat made some noise. he was a nice 6 and 1/2 foot boar. my father was bummed b/c he shot a sow, but she didnt have any milk in her, so they figured that she didnt have any cubs or that the cub was dead or already on its own. we had fun, plus out of 4 of us, 2 of us shot bear and 3 outta four of us coulda killed bear. mosquitoes were hurrendous!!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: im back from maine bear hunt

it' s great to hear that you enjoyed yourself , any idea of about how big that one you spooked was ???
congrats to your father and your friend , are they getting them mounted at all ???
Old 09-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

hunting maine is a little harder than canada imo thats why i keep going back. when you do get a nice boar it will be hard earned trophy cause ya gotta sit still and put much time in. glad you had a good time. dont forget you can get a chance to hunt bear this year in joisey as long as you put in the application before the end of the month.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Good to hear your group got bear. I told you those bugs are bad! You' ll get one next time.

JJ
Old 09-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

the one i saw and spooked was a 6 1/2" bear. i know this b/c he came up to the top of the bait bag and that was at about 6 and a half feet. he was a pretty boar too. nice coat on him. we will probably go back in 2 years, if i can go with college and all. i will not be putting in for the joisey bear permit, b/c it is going to be too crazy in nj
Old 09-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

it' s a good thing that you didn' t get to shoot him kobear , a 6 1/2 inch bear might not be big enough to be legal
sorry about that , i couldn' t resist , anyway he sounds like a nice specimen even if you couldn' t get a shot off , and a nice coat as well , that' s a definite keeper

yeah , i heard it was going to be wild over in nj for bear , but with the current situation it' s to be expected . let' s just hope for an injury free season
Old 09-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i still cant believe that the deer season is only 3 days away!!! i am pumped!!! not only do i not trust other fellow new jerseyans, i also would have to drive a while to get to property to hunt, and with the deer i have seen walking around my private farm i hunt, i rather be deer hunting during that 6 day firearm. i cant wait!!!! sept. 6 is almost here!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:53 PM

I too just got back from Maine Black Bear Hunting. I got my First Bear, This was my second bear hunt. I was hunting with Mountain View Camp. There are up near Ashland. It was a nice 3 1/2 yr only tiped out at 94#. I' m hooked for Life.