Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

My Maine bear hunt

Old 09-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Spike

Default My Maine bear hunt

My dad and I went on a bear hunt over Labor Day weekend with Black Eagle Outfitters in Maine. I am a Math Teacher so we couldn’t stay long. We got there Saturday afternoon and got to our blinds at 5:30 at 6:30 I saw a bear coming down the mountain. Since I had never seen a bear in the woods before it looked huge to me. I decided it was the one I wanted so I shot. It ended up being pretty small but I was as happy as could be. It weighed 95 pounds and was about five feet tall or so. The next day we couldn’t hunt because there is no Sunday hunting in Maine. So we went with the guide to freshen his baits, he has 22 in all. Monday was the last day of our hunt and we went to a spot that had good sign but nothing showed. The next day a guy killed a bear in that same spot. I would definitely recommend this guy to anyone who wants to go on a quality bear hunt.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:55 PM

Default RE: My Maine bear hunt

I would like to know what they charge and how hard a tag is too come by. my Dad is from maine and im going to take back and would like to bear hunt while there thanks and may god bless [email protected]