Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
what happened to empire hunting webste >

what happened to empire hunting webste

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what happened to empire hunting webste

Old 07-23-2010, 01:33 PM
  #11  
Spike
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by Bernie P. View Post
I think that's the same site resurrected.
The site is clearly new, same old suspects posting though.
W.Ztirem is offline  
Old 07-23-2010, 01:37 PM
  #12  
Spike
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG View Post
Oh really? ...and just what might that be? No thats called being cheap, narrowminded, and selfdefeating. Yeah just like high taxes, liberal over spending, big govt over regulations, lack of jobs, entitlements, and crime. yeah we should be real proud of our little society here Quite wrong you are steve. How in the hell can one expect to have a privilege(hunting) when they dont even support their own constitutional right to own and use guns????? Liberals deserve exactly what they ask for, which is govt control of our lives and rights, they surly dont deserve to hunt with guns IMO. How admirable but did you ever stop to think that maybe some of us "clones" support the NRA and oppose unconstitutional NY gun control, because we actually cherish our right to own and use any guns we damn well feel like owning, without the thugloving NY state legislature, and politicians, telling law abiding citizens , what we can buy and how many bullets it can hold? nevermind Im sure it goes waaaay over your head.
Speaking from the point of view of a life long resident of NYC,"Gun control is a necessary evil"! You would not understand that as you live in Orange County,NY.
W.Ztirem is offline  
Old 07-23-2010, 03:54 PM
  #13  
Nontypical Buck
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

Originally Posted by W.Ztirem View Post
Speaking from the point of view of a life long resident of NYC,"Gun control is a necessary evil"! You would not understand that as you live in Orange County,NY.
1st off, this anit the yukon, its OC, Im 50 minutes from midtown Manhattan, and we have worse crime up here, ever heard of middletown? newburg? 2nd, I was born in staten Is, and grew up in NJ. Ive lived in the bronx , jersey city and even newark, so dont think, I dont understand city life. I just choose not to live in it these days. 3rd, correct me if im wrong, but are you actually trying to make a case, that gun control decreases crime? Come on, do you really believe that? explain washington DC, explain philly, chicago, newark, trenton, etc. all have strict gun control laws, and out of control, gun violence, so hows that a "necessary evil? the only reason gun violence is under contol in in NYC, is because guliani cleaned house there, all those years , when are you guys gonna let it sink in, its about criminal control, not gun control , criminals dont follow laws, they dont care about preban mags, flash suppressors, pistol permits, trigger locks, or NICS checks, they dont buy guns legally, THEYRE CRIMINALS!!!!!! They commit murders! they dont even know what the gun laws are. The only ones who are affected by this "necessary" gun control, are poor bastards like me, that actally care about following the law! It amazes me that people who actaully own and use guns, could believe such nonsense
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 07-24-2010, 04:08 AM
  #14  
Spike
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG View Post
1st off, this anit the yukon, its OC, Im 50 minutes from midtown Manhattan, and we have worse crime up here, ever heard of middletown? newburg? 2nd, I was born in staten Is, and grew up in NJ. Ive lived in the bronx , jersey city and even newark, so dont think, I dont understand city life. I just choose not to live in it these days. 3rd, correct me if im wrong, but are you actually trying to make a case, that gun control decreases crime? Come on, do you really believe that? explain washington DC, explain philly, chicago, newark, trenton, etc. all have strict gun control laws, and out of control, gun violence, so hows that a "necessary evil? the only reason gun violence is under contol in in NYC, is because guliani cleaned house there, all those years , when are you guys gonna let it sink in, its about criminal control, not gun control , criminals dont follow laws, they dont care about preban mags, flash suppressors, pistol permits, trigger locks, or NICS checks, they dont buy guns legally, THEYRE CRIMINALS!!!!!! They commit murders! they dont even know what the gun laws are. The only ones who are affected by this "necessary" gun control, are poor bastards like me, that actally care about following the law! It amazes me that people who actaully own and use guns, could believe such nonsense
I think you need a reality check!
W.Ztirem is offline  
Old 07-24-2010, 06:15 AM
  #15  
Nontypical Buck
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

Originally Posted by W.Ztirem View Post
I think you need a reality check!
Wow thats profound friend!
You think gun control reduces crime and Im the one who needs a reality check? This is exactly why sites like empire hunting get 2 posts a day and eventually shut down because NY liberals cant engage in logical discussions
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 AM
  #16  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,862
Default

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG View Post
Quite wrong you are steve. How in the hell can one expect to have a privilege(hunting) when they dont even support their own constitutional right to own and use guns????? Liberals deserve exactly what they ask for, which is govt control of our lives and rights, they surly dont deserve to hunt with guns

Why don't you wake up and smell the coffee for a change?? As far as I can tell the state of NY has done quite a bit over the last few years to try to recruit new hunters and promote hunting in general. This includes hunting with GUNS! So exactly where do you see the state trying to ban these guns from hunters when at the same time they are trying to promote hunting? You guys are imagining things as usual thinking that the boogie men will break down your doors to get your deer guns.
Steve863 is offline  
Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 AM
  #17  
Nontypical Buck
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

Originally Posted by Steve863 View Post
Why don't you wake up and smell the coffee for a change?? As far as I can tell the state of NY has done quite a bit over the last few years to try to recruit new hunters and promote hunting in general. This includes hunting with GUNS! So exactly where do you see the state trying to ban these guns from hunters when at the same time they are trying to promote hunting? You guys are imagining things as usual thinking that the boogie men will break down your doors to get your deer guns.
how is it that a grown man can completely ignore the blatent facts before him, and believe such nonsense?

just what in the hell is it, you think this state has done to "recruit new hunters"? lets see, would it be..

-the 30% hike on hunting and fishing licenses?
-the impl. in some zones and state lands of pointless antler restrictions? oh yeah new hunters love those
-voting down Xbow bills year after year, despite the fact that almost every other NE state has allowed them at this point.
-stupid trigger lock laws!
-not allowing hunters to transport guns and bows ,at the same time, during archery season, despite the fact that it overlaps w/ WF and small game seasons

the list goes on and on! DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE STATE IS TRYING TO RECRUIT NEW HUNTERS??????????? what a ridiculous statement!

typical NY sportsman attitude, you got your "deer rifle" and your 12ga so thats good enough for you right? Oh but im sure youll stand up for your rights when they try to take YOUR guns or finally make your non numerically encoded ammo and firing pins illegal.....then again , judging from what you write, probably not.

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 07-26-2010 at 07:03 AM.
DeerandbearhoG is offline  
Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 AM
  #18  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,862
Default

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG View Post
S
just what in the hell is it, you think this state has done to "recruit new hunters"? lets see, would it be..

-the 30% hike on hunting and fishing licenses?
-the impl. in some zones and state lands of pointless antler restrictions? oh yeah new hunters love those
-voting down Xbow bills year after year, despite the fact that almost every other NE state has allowed them at this point.
-stupid trigger lock laws!
-not allowing hunters to transport guns and bows ,at the same time, during archery season, despite the fact that it overlaps w/ WF and small game seasons
NYS has a heck of a lot more public land available for hunting than most states, I guess this is of little importance to you?? Did you really think hunting license costs would remain the same forever?? Like the price of everything else has been going down?? What are you talking about when you say that one isn't allowed to transport guns and bows at the same time?? Are you talking about inside a vehicle or in a hunters possession in the field? I know of no such law about vehicles. One can carry both inside a vehicle as far as I know. I agree that one should only carry a bow when bowhunting. If you want to shoot your gun at other game, then leave the bow home! How about the opening up of new areas for bear hunting? Allowing rifles in areas that have only been shotgun previously? Allowing doe permits to be transferred? Allowing 14 and 15 year olds to hunt with a gun, when it used to be 16 before you could hunt? Having a youth turkey hunt? Why don't I see you giving credit to the state for any of this?? If you don't like the way things are done in NYS, then why don't you move out? Should be easy enough for someone who despises this state so much as you seem to!
Steve863 is offline  
Old 07-26-2010, 07:08 AM
  #19  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,862
Default

P.S As far as allowing xbows, I have NO problem with them being allowed. I will guarantee you, however, that they will do NOTHING to bring in new hunters to the sport.
Steve863 is offline  
Old 07-26-2010, 10:26 AM
  #20  
Nontypical Buck
 
DeerandbearhoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange county, NY
Posts: 2,949
Default

Originally Posted by Steve863 View Post
P.S As far as allowing xbows, I have NO problem with them being allowed. I will guarantee you, however, that they will do NOTHING to bring in new hunters to the sport.
You base that on what? Of course it will, what about all the folks who might consider taking up hunting, but dont want to bother w/ compounds, in the outter metro areas that would be able to hunt those areas if Xbows were legal? Either way it proves that NY puts more stupid restrictions on hunters and shooters than most.

Getting back to the claim that NY is a sporstsman friendly state, that really doesnt impose stupid restrictions on hunters and shooters, and has done alot to encourage new hunters????

-You mentioned youth turkey? so what! every state has a yth turkey season and in most states yths can hunt much younger than 14, really no big deal to allow 14&15 Y/Os to hunt, all theyre really doing is selling more 10$ SG tags. Thats said if theyre so pro youth hunter, how come no yth deer season?

- As far as I know, it is illegal to possess a firearm period, if you are bowhunting. That incluses transporting weapons. I was stopped at a DEC check point once, and had my truck searched because they saw a box of steel shot on my seat, next to my bow. They asked if I had my shotgun in the truck ,cause I was not allowed to be in possession of a firearm while bowhunting. Thankfully I had taken it out the night before. another completely stupid hunting weapon transportation law in NY, what freaking difference is it if I wanna carry all my guns and bows with me in my car??????? Maybe im on a hunting trip for small game and archery big game? you see, its theses stupid restrictions this state puts on hunters, and shooters that drive me up the wall! and people like you steve support it! why? do you think it reduces crime or poaching?

In texas you can drive around w/ what ever weapons you want, whenever you want,I believe even loaded! Id wager theres way less poaching there, than here, in fact, I know there is, and defiantly way less crime!


-Alot of NYS public land around here, harriman, bear mountain, cheesecoat, to name a few, is closed to any kind of hunting period. Even bashakill makes you take some stupid WF ID course before you can duck hunt there In NJ (which another disaster) they dont close hardly any state land to hunting. Yeah up in the deer deserts past orange co. its all open, but so what? theres hardly any deer there anyway. Im not even gonna get into the rediculous hunting, boating, and even parking permit fees these "public" parks swindle outta ya.

-98$ for a resident sportsman license is just robbery, damn I got a NR small game license in Texas which includes hogs, for half what my 66 yo father paid for a crummy NR NY fishing lic!!!!!!! You think thats reasonable?

- As far as moving from NYS, oh dont worry as soon as I can I will, and I would have already if the wife and I werent tied to our jobs and our house right now in case ya havent notice aint too many people buying houses now. Shame too, its a beautiful state, too bad the residents let the liberal politicians and legislature strangle them w/ high taxes, outrageous entitlements and over regulation, especially on guns! I guess some people are happy with the NY liberal staus quo, and dont have the foresight to oppose it. Sad
DeerandbearhoG is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.