HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what happened to empire hunting webste
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
S
just what in the hell is it, you think this state has done to "recruit new hunters"? lets see, would it be..

-the 30% hike on hunting and fishing licenses?
-the impl. in some zones and state lands of pointless antler restrictions? oh yeah new hunters love those
-voting down Xbow bills year after year, despite the fact that almost every other NE state has allowed them at this point.
-stupid trigger lock laws!
-not allowing hunters to transport guns and bows ,at the same time, during archery season, despite the fact that it overlaps w/ WF and small game seasons
NYS has a heck of a lot more public land available for hunting than most states, I guess this is of little importance to you?? Did you really think hunting license costs would remain the same forever?? Like the price of everything else has been going down?? What are you talking about when you say that one isn't allowed to transport guns and bows at the same time?? Are you talking about inside a vehicle or in a hunters possession in the field? I know of no such law about vehicles. One can carry both inside a vehicle as far as I know. I agree that one should only carry a bow when bowhunting. If you want to shoot your gun at other game, then leave the bow home! How about the opening up of new areas for bear hunting? Allowing rifles in areas that have only been shotgun previously? Allowing doe permits to be transferred? Allowing 14 and 15 year olds to hunt with a gun, when it used to be 16 before you could hunt? Having a youth turkey hunt? Why don't I see you giving credit to the state for any of this?? If you don't like the way things are done in NYS, then why don't you move out? Should be easy enough for someone who despises this state so much as you seem to!