HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what happened to empire hunting webste
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 10:26 AM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
P.S As far as allowing xbows, I have NO problem with them being allowed. I will guarantee you, however, that they will do NOTHING to bring in new hunters to the sport.
You base that on what? Of course it will, what about all the folks who might consider taking up hunting, but dont want to bother w/ compounds, in the outter metro areas that would be able to hunt those areas if Xbows were legal? Either way it proves that NY puts more stupid restrictions on hunters and shooters than most.

Getting back to the claim that NY is a sporstsman friendly state, that really doesnt impose stupid restrictions on hunters and shooters, and has done alot to encourage new hunters????

-You mentioned youth turkey? so what! every state has a yth turkey season and in most states yths can hunt much younger than 14, really no big deal to allow 14&15 Y/Os to hunt, all theyre really doing is selling more 10$ SG tags. Thats said if theyre so pro youth hunter, how come no yth deer season?

- As far as I know, it is illegal to possess a firearm period, if you are bowhunting. That incluses transporting weapons. I was stopped at a DEC check point once, and had my truck searched because they saw a box of steel shot on my seat, next to my bow. They asked if I had my shotgun in the truck ,cause I was not allowed to be in possession of a firearm while bowhunting. Thankfully I had taken it out the night before. another completely stupid hunting weapon transportation law in NY, what freaking difference is it if I wanna carry all my guns and bows with me in my car??????? Maybe im on a hunting trip for small game and archery big game? you see, its theses stupid restrictions this state puts on hunters, and shooters that drive me up the wall! and people like you steve support it! why? do you think it reduces crime or poaching?

In texas you can drive around w/ what ever weapons you want, whenever you want,I believe even loaded! Id wager theres way less poaching there, than here, in fact, I know there is, and defiantly way less crime!

-Alot of NYS public land around here, harriman, bear mountain, cheesecoat, to name a few, is closed to any kind of hunting period. Even bashakill makes you take some stupid WF ID course before you can duck hunt there In NJ (which another disaster) they dont close hardly any state land to hunting. Yeah up in the deer deserts past orange co. its all open, but so what? theres hardly any deer there anyway. Im not even gonna get into the rediculous hunting, boating, and even parking permit fees these "public" parks swindle outta ya.

-98$ for a resident sportsman license is just robbery, damn I got a NR small game license in Texas which includes hogs, for half what my 66 yo father paid for a crummy NR NY fishing lic!!!!!!! You think thats reasonable?

- As far as moving from NYS, oh dont worry as soon as I can I will, and I would have already if the wife and I werent tied to our jobs and our house right now in case ya havent notice aint too many people buying houses now. Shame too, its a beautiful state, too bad the residents let the liberal politicians and legislature strangle them w/ high taxes, outrageous entitlements and over regulation, especially on guns! I guess some people are happy with the NY liberal staus quo, and dont have the foresight to oppose it. Sad