Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
stop complainin...start hunting >

stop complainin...start hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

stop complainin...start hunting

Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

As i pointed out before , the turkey population and the bear population increased as the deer herd increased. Other species such as grouse and snow shoes are more affected by forestry practices and competing species than they are by the deer. How much grouse habitat would you expect to find in DCNR's old growth forests in the stands of pole timber.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Banned

I think youre getting worked up over nothing doug. I see bb saying how many more deer he thinks could survive, nothing more in your quote. And you agree, to a point. But I dont see where bb is saying we should have that many as you infer???

As for impact, what is acceptable and what isnt is VERY debatable. Most dont see less than maximum stocking of trillium & hobblebush as "unacceptable" or "negative impact". And for most of the state, thats all the further the "damage" has gone, or will go. For most, its absolutely irrelavent....So in that light, there is no damage. There is fine habitat across most of the state by far. And plenty of deer food.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 02-04-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
A forest with no deer and no deer "impact" would be 100% unnatural.
Exactly right.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JW!
Sure we can - Actually Not a bad idea - Hmmmmm........taking up space, wasting board space resources - saying absolutely nothing new.

As reported - I am the eyes and forum reporter......

JW

1876 views, sure is lots of interest for the same old thing.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:44 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Yes maybe interest, but I was reading just a bit more animosity, in each successive post or reply, to which traditionally starts the name calling, and the resultant user reported posts.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guess who was the first to call me Larrybird?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Banned

Thats ok Jw!... You keep on keepin' us pennsyltuckians in line.

The quality of interaction in this forum has improved 10 fold compared to say even 6 months ago when often times, conversation wasnt even possible.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 02-04-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Thats ok Jw!... You keep on keepin' us pennsyltuckians in line.

The quality of interaction in this forum has improved 10 fold compared to say even 6 months ago when often times, conversation wasnt even possible.

Agreed 100%
Old 02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bob, some of us have become more tolerant. That's all.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
As i pointed out before , the turkey population and the bear population increased as the deer herd increased. Other species such as grouse and snow shoes are more affected by forestry practices and competing species than they are by the deer. How much grouse habitat would you expect to find in DCNR's old growth forests in the stands of pole timber.
Bear and turkeys don't browse.Other species like grouse need an early succession forest and a mid level understory.You're comparison is not valid.By the way,the exclosure that keep the deer from eating all of the new regeneration make nice grouse habitat.

The deer along with other factors have trashed the habitat in the northern tier.It's scientifically proven and not debatable.Sure more deer can survive but at the expense of poor habitat.I'm willing to settle for less deer to see better habitat for the future of the deer,other wildlife and yes the commercial value of the timber that's so vital to the economy of this region.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.