Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
stop complainin...start hunting >

stop complainin...start hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

stop complainin...start hunting

Old 01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Spike

Default stop complainin...start hunting

i wish hunters would stop complaining about lack of deer. hunters are becoming very lazy anymore if they dont see anything by 10:00 am they are out of the woods. where i hunt in 4e on public gamelands i have been very successful in the past ten years or more because i stay out rain or shine all day and i go more than 50 yards from the road. its simple solution stop being so lazy and actually HUNT..
Old 01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year we had around 926,000 hunters who harvested 355,000 deer so over 591,000 hunters didn't harvest a deer. So, would you please tell me how many more deer those 591K hunters could harvest without reducing future harvests even more? What would happen if half of those 591K hunters ,hunted harder and harvested an additional 300K deer?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by pahunter74
its simple solution stop being so lazy and actually HUNT..

hey! its super hunter! sur glad yur hear. I sure culd use yur help. got skunked last season. had the pirfec spot to. drove halfway cross rt 80, saw a deer crossin sign and put up my stand. bout 50yrds away laid 2 dead doe that were hit by car so I no theres deer in the area right? sur was hard hangin my climber on that crossin sign, it bein so small and all. the DOT suld yous 2posts insted of one, everytime a trucker went by the breez wuld hit that sign and shake the dickins outta me. I parked on other side of 80, and before I crossed the road I wiped my boots on a dead coon that was lyin there so the deer culdnt smell my tracks. mussint of worked cuz I dint see a thing. ima be glad iffin i cin get sum tips from guy like you. thnaks
Old 01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

I stand hunt until 11:00, still hunt from 11-12, eat, then still hunt from 1:00 to 2:30-3:00 depending on what I see and the conditions and then pop a squat wherever I am until dark. It has worked well for me.

I notice the most movement at my PA hunting spot from 10:30-11:30 so I usually don't leave my stand until 12:30 or 1:00 when I hunt PA.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

pahunter is a prime example of someone who settles for mediocrity for what ever it is in his life. He's fine with just having the average 40 hour a week job, the average house, goes on the average vacation every year to Ocean City MD. etc., etc., etc., and could care less about trying to make things he cares about and his life better.
pahunter, please tell me why the hunters of PA. (the hunters with the richest hunting tradition in North America) should just settle for sub par hunting with out any scientific reason and have zero say about the future of hunting in PA. Mean while hunters in bordering states have better hunting and alot more say.
If you just want be a mediocre sheep that is fine but dont put others down for caring about the future of our sport and tradition!! Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 01-31-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pahunter74
i wish hunters would stop complaining about lack of deer. hunters are becoming very lazy anymore if they dont see anything by 10:00 am they are out of the woods. where i hunt in 4e on public gamelands i have been very successful in the past ten years or more because i stay out rain or shine all day and i go more than 50 yards from the road. its simple solution stop being so lazy and actually HUNT..
Some so called hunters just can't accept the fact that the era of easy killing is over. I for one never considered a deer as an entitlement therefore I don't get to bent out of shape if I don't fill my tags every year. I am by no means a great hunter, but when I go in the woods,with a little effort I end up running in to some deer.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Last year we had around 926,000 hunters who harvested 355,000 deer so over 591,000 hunters didn't harvest a deer. So, would you please tell me how many more deer those 591K hunters could harvest without reducing future harvests even more? What would happen if half of those 591K hunters ,hunted harder and harvested an additional 300K deer?
While I side with you o this issue bluebird. I have to ask.
How many of those licenses were sold to people who had no intention of hunting?
How many were sold to couples, where only one of them hunts?
Is that all individuals or hunters who buy multiple tags?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep like the thread starter said stop complaining.
O'bama and the liberal left are jamming leftist policies down our throats but don't complain just be happy right?
Whatever you do don't complain.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some so called hunters just can't accept the fact that the era of easy killing is over.
Just when was the era of easy killing? Was there ever a time when 50% of the hunters harvested a buck in PA? Would you care to tell us what percentage of PA hunters harvested deer in 2001 when we had 1.6M PS deer?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Spike

this really bugs me when you say if everyone does it like you they will see deer. well not everyone is like you and not evry piece of property has the deer populations as others. and just how succesful have you been? i have had a succesful eight years since i started hunt but i've shot 5 doe no buck and have seen no more than 6 deer in one day of hunting. i hunt in the big woods of pa in 3b most of the time on any day i will cover between 5 and 10 miles in the woods walking. in the past few years the sign i have seen really dropped off since i started hunting. this year i bowhunted evry chance i got averaged maybe 3-4 hours every day of archery and the first week of rifle every day around 6 hours a day. in that time i seen maybe between 5-10 deer. you might think this will work for everyone but it won't because in some areas the deer are just alittle more concentrated in them areas. try hunting on state forest where there is maybe 12-15 deer per square mile and hundreds of thousans of square miles in wood area compared to a couple hundred thoosand acres on game lands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.