Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Does a Pa WCO

Old 02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
It wasn't the fact that the WCO was enforcing the law.

It was because the WCO drove through the field (about 100yds.) up to the oak tree, to write a citation for parking in the very same field.

My buddy was pulled off to the side of the driveway/lane. (the driveway/lane is about 1/4 mile long back to the farm house)

Seems odd to me, that the WCO would drive through a field to write up somebody for parking in the very same field.

This was back around 1986-87.
I wasnt there but so I dont know, I try to not drive on fields. I have driven to check hunters but only when I have info something might not be right and covering a large open distance would leave me no cover.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Very true!

I hunted in WV for 16 years. Very proffessional down there.

Always polite and interested in how your day is going andoffer advice/

When was the last time a PA WCO walked up to you and introduced himself and shook you and your buddies' hand while doing so?

Had a WV WCO do that! They act like they are glad to see you down there. Never get that feeling here in PA!

My buddies and I were shocked when they did that. Wasn't what we were use to. Use to being treated like a criminal here in PA.

Very friendly in WV!
I dont ever treat criminals like criminals. I am professional with all contacts. Now when the check is over and everything is ok I tend to shoot the bull a little bit. Believe it or not I like sprotsmen, heck i am one myself on my days off.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will openly admit that not all WCOs are the same. It could very well be, that you aren't like that. But there are some really bad apples out there.

I will also admit that I have met a couple WCOs that were very friendly. Met one in western Greene Co. about 5 years ago. One heck of a nice guy. My father and I chatted with him for about 20 min. Unfortunately I don't recall his name. Very professional!

I have to say though, most of my experiences have not been good with the PGC. Seems like just about everyone has had a bad experience with at least one.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will openly admit that not all WCOs are the same. It could very well be, that you aren't like that. But there are some really bad apples out there.

I have to say though, most of my experiences have not been good with the PGC. Seems like just about everyone has had a bad experience with at least one.
I will also admit that I have met a couple WCOs that were very friendly.They were at the Sportsmen shows on the floor.
I only know our WCO by his reputation and name. Have been stopped, never introduced themselves other than a title always asked for the license check and gun check "go ahead you can move on"!.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not only are they out there, but they are protected by the majority and that taints the entire organization. Like I've said before, the "blue wall" is very real. The corrupt practice of "professional courtesy" is ubiquitous and sends the message to each and every officer that they are above the law. Respect for the word of law enforcement has degraded to the point that jurors often hold the veracity of an LEO's testimony with at least as much suspicion as that of a common criminal. That's sad and makes me draw comparisons with Mexico's corrupt agencies. Again, unless and until there is widespread reform their well earned reputation will continue to decline.

Now are there good officers out there? Absolutely there are, (at least as far as doing their jobs is concerned) but IMHO they often have a serious flaw. If they are not partictipants in the afore mentioned corruption they sheepishly turn their heads when they see it taking place. Until this all but stops, declining public opinion will not turn around. When they once again understand they are sworn to protect and serve the public, not their fellow officers, respect will grow.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sylvan
Not only are they out there, but they are protected by the majority and that taints the entire organization. Like I've said before, the "blue wall" is very real. The corrupt practice of "professional courtesy" is ubiquitous and sends the message to each and every officer that they are above the law. Respect for the word of law enforcement has degraded to the point that jurors often hold the veracity of an LEO's testimony with at least as much suspicion as that of a common criminal. That's sad and makes me draw comparisons with Mexico's corrupt agencies. Again, unless and until there is widespread reform their well earned reputation will continue to decline.

Now are there good officers out there? Absolutely there are, (at least as far as doing their jobs is concerned) but IMHO they often have a serious flaw. If they are not partictipants in the afore mentioned corruption they sheepishly turn their heads when they see it taking place. Until this all but stops, declining public opinion will not turn around. When they once again understand they are sworn to protect and serve the public, not their fellow officers, respect will grow.
I know a WCO who cited some municpal police officers for killing a deer from a patrol car.Not much professional courtesy was extended there and for good reason.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

deleted by sproul...............

Last edited by sproulman; 02-03-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Sproul,if ignorance was money,you'd be rich.I'm normally thick skinned about heritage references,but being of Italian decent ,I am offended by that story and any association you infer with being Italian and committing such acts !
Old 02-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have yet to meeet a DWCO whom could get off their ego trip long enough to have common sense.
One of the biggest poachers in Sullivan County (the area I lived in for some years back in the 70s and early 80s) was the local DGW at the time. His family had a couple small farms in the area and everyone of the locals not connected to the family laughed how ironic it was that he became a DGW...sure didn't slow his kin folk down on poaching any...or him.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Potterco
I have yet to meeet a DWCO whom could get off their ego trip long enough to have common sense.
One of the biggest poachers in Sullivan County (the area I lived in for some years back in the 70s and early 80s) was the local DGW at the time. His family had a couple small farms in the area and everyone of the locals not connected to the family laughed how ironic it was that he became a DGW...sure didn't slow his kin folk down on poaching any...or him.

So why didnt anyone talk to his Supervisors the WCO or the Regional Director.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.