Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Saturday May Be The Best >

Saturday May Be The Best

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Saturday May Be The Best

Old 12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please produce the link to one quote where I ever criticized a hunter for his buck. You can't because there are none.
Obviously you haven't criticized a hunter for harvesting a spike or a Y , since AR made them illegal for adult hunters. s you insult and belittle the entire class of hunter who would be happy with a spike or a Y. That means you are insulting and criticizing my wife , my sister and my sister-in-law and That is about as low as you can go.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Banned

"You might be right, They protect the 1.5 year olds, but the 7 month olds are fair game"

The biggest "muffler" of "more and bigger bucks" would be the fact so many fewer are born. Had hr been reasonable and less severe in many areas, many more buttonbuck would be born in the first place to be saved a year later. The answer isnt for all hunters to refrain from shooting all bb. Then theyd simply take out even more does instead ending in even smaller herd size. Not to mention the buttonbuck harvest is never gonna go much lower than it already is percentagewise. Its been fairly static for quite a few years not changing much in the percentage of the harvest that bb harvest makes up. Doesnt appear hunters actions have changed much in that regard.

Thats why I personally dont shoot antlerless... bb or doe. Enough of others more than pick up the slack.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-13-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Obviously you haven't criticized a hunter for harvesting a spike or a Y , since AR made them illegal for adult hunters. s you insult and belittle the entire class of hunter who would be happy with a spike or a Y. That means you are insulting and criticizing my wife , my sister and my sister-in-law and That is about as low as you can go.
Also not true and I challenge you to produce any link to that effect. The one type of hunter I have zero use for and criticize openly is the neanderthal buffoon who somehow places more value on a spike or a y than on an adult doe. It's a warped mentality that has no place among hunters and one that you seem to subscribe to. Happily it is slowly eroding in PA.

Oh and even lower yet is your claim that I have insulted your wife, sister or sister in law. I did no such thing and you have exposed your convoluted sense of logic once again.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pats102862
You might be right, They protect the 1.5 year olds, but the 7 month olds are fair game.
I would love to see a policy where a male deer costs you your buck tag. At least in archery where most situations would certainly allow the hunter to identify and pass on BB's
Old 12-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

The one type of hunter I have zero use for and criticize openly is the neanderthal buffoon who somehow places more value on a spike or a y than on an adult doe. It's a warped mentality that has no place among hunters and one that you seem to subscribe to.
Well lemme tell you something about this neanderthal buffoon....I can go downstairs in the gun room, where I have several crates full of spikes and Ys. I can pull every single one of those racks out of that crate and remember the exact circumstances that led to my possession of that rack. And to tell you the truth, I place as much value on the hunt that those racks produced as I can any bigger racked buck that I harvested. And I place those small racks far above any doe that I've ever shot.
It ain't about the effin rack. It's about the hunt.

Last edited by ManySpurs; 12-13-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

"I would love to see a policy where a male deer costs you your buck tag. At least in archery where most situations would certainly allow the hunter to identify and pass on BB's "

Couldnt care less myself because i dont shoot antlerless deer, but dont see much use in it as you propose. It would save very few bb. Archery harvest is very low compared to rifle & the portion of bb that make up the total antlerless harvest is low. Of those relatively few that might be saved in archery, a portion would get a hole poked in them rifle season anyway.

Just my 2cents. Dont see that making a bit of difference one way or the other.

Theres a much simpler and much more effective solution to more bucks existing. Cut the allocation. Less bb will be killed as antlerless. More will be born in the first place.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-13-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
I mean afterall, listening to guys like you, I had to sort through 50 or 60 does just to get a crack at one of those spikes. Which is bullchit anyway.
How did you get 50-60 does out of what i posted?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
How did you get 50-60 does out of what i posted?
I didn't. I wasn't replying to your post. I was replying to BT and used the 50-60 doe comment as an example of some of the far flung accusations that get thrown around. Sorry for the mix up.

BTW...I edited that post and removed that statement.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
I didn't. I wasn't replying to your post. I was replying to BT and used the 50-60 doe comment as an example of some of the far flung accusations that get thrown around. Sorry for the mix up.

BTW...I edited that post and removed that statement.
i'am sorry , I am jumping around and not reading through every thing.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08

Theres a much simpler and much more effective solution to more bucks existing. Cut the allocation. Less will be killed as antlerless. More will be born in the first place.
If they would just put the effort to a balanced herd through out the WMU, instead of hunt them to extinction in one area and leave the population grow in the less accessable areas. Things wouldn't be that bad for some hunters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.