Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Saturday May Be The Best >

Saturday May Be The Best

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Saturday May Be The Best

Old 12-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't say I was that lucky but some guys are, including junior hunters.

Quote:
Today was the best day of the season for my archery and fly fishing buddy Joe T. "Sorry",no photos at this time. My buddy still uses a friggin film loaded camera. Anyway, we where sitting in small tree line that connects a choked creek bottom to a cut corn field. At the upper end of the tree line,I spotted movement. I glassed it. It was two nice buck engaged in a full blown brawl. I turned over my shoulder and said,there is two buck fighting at the end of this tree line. My buddy said lets get up their. We get 60 yards from the end of the tree line and these two buck are meshed together. He said; is anyone of them legal? I said;he!! yeah! They are both legal,one is definitely bigger. After what seemed about five minutes more of pushing and twisting and dirt flying. They finally separated. BBD! Eighteen inch inside spread, eight point. Ten and a quarter inch G2's and some nice mass all the way around. Part of the ear hanging and a deep bloody gouge in the throat and under the chin. We both agreed, that we would ever imagined seeing a buck fight like that at this time of year.

You have absolutely ZERO right to assume that BP and his buddy "LUCKED INTO" that situation!. Their experience could have been just lucky but it was more liklely the product of some time and legwork and scouting that put them in that woods at that time. Either way, you have no right to simply call it luck without first having all the facts.

Most of the time when a hunter posts a success story, you have to respond by explaining it away, You've told Doug that he benefits from fewer hunters to the point that 2G is like a preserve, You've suggested that I buy my bucks. You've criticized Jim for working to acquire his own hunting ground. You've dismissed others for harvesting deer on private land.

Maybe you need to quit criticizing others and concentrate on improving your own situation.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

To some hunters a spike would be raising the bar.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Banned

Patsy said to bb: "Where are you harvesting 10 points with little effort?"

Bb said: "I didn't say I was that lucky but some guys are, including junior hunters."

I fail to see anything inappropriate in the response and hardly warrants the beginnings of attack which i see forming as usual. BB didnt even say it about bp's post and experience spoken of, and ANY successful hunt includes some level of luck no matter who it involves so wouldnt have mattered anyway.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-13-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Patsy said: "Where are you harvesting 10 points with little effort?"

Bb said: "I didn't say I was that lucky but some guys are, including junior hunters."

I fail to see anything inappropriate in the response and hardly warrants the beginnings of attack which i see forming.
Try going back and reading the whole post again and if you still cant understand what was inappropriate I'll do my best to explain it to you
Old 12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you need to quit criticizing others and concentrate on improving your own situation.
Another case of the pot calling the kettle black. You constantly criticize and put down hunters who were satisfied with a spike or a Y and judge other hunters by the size of the rack they harvest.

Obviously BP carefully planned that hunt so they would find two bucks fighting that would let them walk up and kill one. There obviously was no luck involved.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Another case of the pot calling the kettle black. You constantly criticize and put down hunters who were satisfied with a spike or a Y and judge other hunters by the size of the rack they harvest.

Obviously BP carefully planned that hunt so they would find two bucks fighting that would let them walk up and kill one. There obviously was no luck involved.

Please produce the link to one quote where I ever criticized a hunter for his buck. You can't because there are none.
I congratulate every hunter here when they harvest a deer. Perhaps you are so insecure about your success that you didnt notice that.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

When I used to shoot any buck years ago , it was fire the rifle on sunday for sight in. Monday watch 30 deer get pushed by you, pick out a buck and kill it. Now that I'am going after mature bucks its scout, scout, read up on whitetails, more off season scouting. and figure out a game plan all to get out foxed most of the time. so can someone tell me how ARs took the effort of harvesting a nice buck.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

They didnt Pats. All AR's did was give about half of our yearlings a chance to grow a little older and wiser. Easier to kill a big buck in PA because of AR? Maybe a little. But a mature whitetail is a very worthy opponent no matter where you go and no matter what the rules are.

When I introduce a guy to my spot in Illinois (a true big buck heaven) I still remind him that hunting for a true mature whitetail is still one of the most challenging things a hunter can undertake. A challenge that consistently humbles even the best of hunters.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Banned

Judging by the Boone & Crocket record books as spoken of in a recent issue of Pa outdoor news, it seems killing really big buck is not easier but HARDER currently.

They spoke of how nearly no entries have been made recently despite all the claims of "more & bigger bucks"

Id say currently its a wash. Ar mightve added some, but hr whacked the potential of ar to work as far as "more & bigger bucks" goes. Extreme reduction doesnt bode well for promises of more of much of anything other than more hunter disgust.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 12-13-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Id say currently its a wash. Ar mightve added some, but hr whacked the potential of ar to work as far as "more & bigger bucks" goes.
You might be right, They protect the 1.5 year olds, but the 7 month olds are fair game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.