Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY opening day, who dropped one? >

NY opening day, who dropped one?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY opening day, who dropped one?

Old 11-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

day 3, sat all day in a spot that Ive never not seen deer ...until today wow anticlimactic season so far beats work though
Old 11-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Spike

Saw a decent ammount of deer saturday. A nice buck within shooting range, but when the does he was with smelled me, she was off. And of course he wasn't far behind... He would have been an awesome first deer. I saw at least 6, and my dad said he thoght he was alot bigger. A friend got a button in the morning, and missed one. It was a hard uphill shot =/. I saw the big buck again yesterday, and had seen him before gun seasona few times.. I have high hopes of getting him this year!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Spike

Sat in my stand all day on 11/21 (opening day) Saw 2 Spikes, 3 Does, then this Buck came in at 4:00 pm.
Attached Thumbnails NY opening day, who dropped one?-deer.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Steuben

We had 7 hunters in our group that hunted 8t and 8p areas .
Our area I seen 2 tinkerbells (fawns ) I could have jumped on there backs ...Sorry guys I dont intentioatly shoot very small yearlings ..
I seen 2 bigger does later opening mornig in 8t but they were running at over 300 yards ,,and I was in a portable with no rest .
My son seen 4 does and missed a big one .
On the last day he had a neck shot only at 60 yards free hand on a 5 pointer but mised ,, AARRGGHHH ...
Our 3rd hunter in our group seen not one deer in 2 1/2 days of hunting in 8t .
Our other group hunted 8p ended up with one small buck being missed , one 7 pointer that was average size being shot and a HUGE 8 pointer and a doe being taken..
If it wasnt for a local stopping with his car to look at the huge buck and doe in the field my hunting buddy would never had got a shot at them ,, They got nervous and ran to within 100 yards and stopped .
So after 7 hunters in 2 1/2 days of hard hunting we ended up with 2 bucks and 1 doe ..
Last year I was the only one of six hunters in 8t and 8p to take 3 deer ,
Seems as if the deer population is way down ???
Attached Thumbnails NY opening day, who dropped one?-mms_resized_pix-1-17-.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 07:11 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Zip--Nada Catt. 9R Sucked
Old 11-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

Had a shot at a little doe yesterday...gave her a mohawk..not proud of it. Otherwise not seeing anything...tons of bucks the last week of archery, now not even seeing anything.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

seemed like Monday was a good day had a few nice deer come into the taxidermy shop (eastern NY near Albany). 3 1/2 yo 8pt and a 3 1/2 yo 7pt. one deer was shot in 4U and the other was shot in 4K
Old 11-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

I shot this 8 pt sunday morning. Had my son with me on his first hunt at 14 yo but couldn't get him into position to shoot. He missed 3 different does on saturday. Anyways, we had a great weekend and put one on the ground. Not as big as my archery 8 pt but I like him.
Attached Thumbnails NY opening day, who dropped one?-1122090947a-1-.jpg  
Old 11-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer WNY, congrats.

For me, 4th all day sit in a row, and nothing again. hope tomorrow my luck changes, its supposed to rain starting in the afternoon, hopefully getting them up on their feet. good luck everyone.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 4sight
We saw quite a bit of activity in New York 6R. Mostly does, but my buddy saw a mature 8 pointer. He was hunting with a shotgun so the buck was out of range. He was hoping it would move in closer but, no luck. I saw tons of does all day long. Took a shot at a big one that was a clean miss.
I can't get over the number of coyote we saw!! I don't know if it's good or bad. Perhaps they keep the deer moving, but there's a sh*tload of coyote in Herkimer county!
Yes, there are a sh*tload of coyotes in Herkimer County, they need some serious population control. My brother saw one the size of a wolf opening morning. What area of 6r are you in? Anywhere near schuyler or Newport?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.