Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!! >

PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!!

https://www2.pa.wildlifelicense.com/deeravail.php

Once again, the two worst WMU's to hunt deer (according to some) are the fastest sellers. close to 25% of 2F are gone and even more are gone in 2G

Old 07-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Spike

Not sure if that is the reason BTB why they are selling then again if you remember last year i think 2G was sold out the first 4 or 5 days. This would also show that not to many people know about the early doe tags.There is 9 counties in 2G and 7 in 2F. How many people in those counties want to travel far to hunt? And considering there is only 26000 tags for 2G and everyone will try to get for their area even if there is a chance of seeing only 3 deer. I know there is not many deer in my area from previous years but I still get my tag for it because I don't want to travel far from where I live. I liked the old county way better. Like to go back to it again.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Glad to hear the tags are selling fast,,,that means i'll have plenty to read next year about how theres no deer in Pa. on the northeast forum. Go fill them tags you die hard hunters!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Spike

May I also counter offer to you BTB this. If there is so many deer and so much open area to hunt down around the Pittsburgh area. Why are the license sales numbers low there. 2B 68000 but sold 185 2D 56000 sold 4374 . Over in the south east part of the state also. 5c has 113000 tags yet only sold 921
Old 07-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Once again, the two worst WMU's to hunt deer (according to some) are the fastest sellers. close to 25% of 2F are gone and even more are gone in 2G
Comes as no surprise. Hunting the second week of the firearms season has become a pretty big hit in this area of 2G. Seems more camps were in last year during the 2nd week than I have ever seen. I'd love to have a look at how many bucks were killed during the second week last year as opposed to other years. I wonder if WCO Bodenhorn might be privy to that info. I have a sneaky hunch that more bucks were killed during the second week last year than in previous years, and that the buck harvest in 2G will drop by about 20% this year. Time will tell.

As best as I can recollect, Potter and Tioga were always quick to sell out. The exception being in '97 or '98 when Tioga had 20,000 tags allocated. I believe there were still 6000 left when I bought my tag over the counter that year at the middle or end of October.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still havent got my 3c tag yet
Old 07-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

3A has been kinda "funny" for the past several years. Some years they last, some they don't.

Last year I got a second round 3A tag, but for a few years prior to that, they were so close to being gone by then, I didn't bother for a second one and got a second round tag for 4B (close to home), instead.

Last year 4B had far fewer left by the second round and 3A had plenty, so got another 3A. Handy to have one for 4B back when I was hunting closer to home in the second week, but now that I'm figuring on staying at camp the whole firearms season, sooner have 3A tags.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wrong again sport!! The two worst WMUs are 2g and 4B , not 2g and 2F. Wmu 2F is ranked sixteenth out of 22 WMUs , relative to the harvest .
Old 07-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

3c has been funny in the past few years didnt get second round. but got 3b wanted to get a 3a but maybe this year
Old 07-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

I have a camp next door to me that has 10 members. Every one of them applies for a 2G tag and many of them get picked. They haven't shot a doe in 8 years, don't intend to shoot doe, and would kick out any member that would shoot a doe.

I imagine this scenario plays out pretty often and contributes greatly to the quick sale of 2G tags.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.