Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!! >

PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA doe tags Going Going..... soon to be gone!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a simple enough concept for anyone with elementary school math skills.

The PGC calculates how many antlerless license it takes to generate a harvested deer for each WMU. RSB has posted those ratios here before

The number of tags it takes to generate a harvested deer varies between WMU's. The PGC calculates the desired harvest and simply applies the tags needed per harvest ratio to get the kill they want.

If enough guys buy tags and burn em, the harvest success rate goes down and it requires more tags to generate a dead deer. If the desired harvest in a WMU is say 15,000 and it takes 3 tags per deer killed they issue 45,000 tags (15,000 x 3) . Now if 15,000 guys buy tags and dont use em and the guys that do use em harvest 10, 000 the success rate per tag goes down to 4.5 tags per deer harvested. If the desired harvest is still at 15,000 the next year, the PGC would now have to sell 67,500 tags. (15,000

If the concept is so simple why can't you answer my question? How does the PGC know how many deer need to be harvested if they don't know how many PS deer we have in each WMU

The PGC calculates the desired harvest and simply applies the tags needed per harvest ratio to get the kill they want.
Do you know how the PGC calculates the desired harvest? I thought antlerless tags were allocated based on herd health and forest health.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
If the concept is so simple why can't you answer my question? How does the PGC know how many deer need to be harvested if they don't know how many PS deer we have in each WMU

Do you know how the PGC calculates the desired harvest? I thought antlerless tags were allocated based on herd health and forest health.

First, your question has virtually nothing to do with what I posted about buying doe tags to "protect" the doe.

Second, The questions you just asked have been answered here ad nauseum. Go back and look em up. You obviously have nothing better to do than to try and rehash old arguments but most of us do have better things to do.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

In other words you have no clue how they determine how many antlerless deer need to be harvested. All you can do is repeat RSB's propaganda.
The fact is the PGC uses they same population estimates as they did prior to 2003, nut they just refuse to release them .
Old 07-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

In other words you have no clue how they determine how many antlerless deer need to be harvested. All you can do is repeat RSB's propaganda.
The fact is the PGC uses they same population estimates as they did prior to 2003, nut they just refuse to release them .

No.... in other words, every one is tired of your distortion games and mind numbing, pointless arguing. Your questions have been answered over and over and over. Maybe someone wants to play your game again but it aint me.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

No.... in other words, every one is tired of your distortion games and mind numbing, pointless arguing. Your questions have been answered over and over and over. Maybe someone wants to play your game again but it aint me.
You sir are lying. No one has been able to explain how antlerless allocations were based on herd health and forest health. The fact is the PGC estimates the herd just like they have been doing since 1980 and the changes in the DD in each WMU is published in Table 8 of the AWR. Busted once again!!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

https://www2.pa.wildlifelicense.com/deeravail.php

Looks like 2G will be the first sellout with almost 40% of the tags gone already and 2F has about 30% spoken for.

The rest of the WMU's seem to be going out much more slowly.

Our gang got our DMAP tags in less than a week. If anyone gets their doe tags, post it here. I suspect we may start seeing them come in very soon under the new system
Old 07-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't it funny how you want to change the subject when you can't answer simple questions about how antlerless tags are allocated.
Would you care to explain why the largest WMU in the state has so few antlerless tags allocated?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Isn't it funny how you want to change the subject when you can't answer simple questions about how antlerless tags are allocated.
Would you care to explain why the largest WMU in the state has so few antlerless tags allocated?

Sigh!
Like a bad cold.....
Like a Jehova witness at the door.....
Like the booger you cant flick away.........

BTW birdbrain, the topic was the doe license sales! You tried to change the subject

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 07-15-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doe license sales are directly related to the number of antlerless tags allocated. The PGC can't sell tags that aren't allocated and there is a limit to the number of tags hunters will buy.
The simple fact remains that you have no idea how the PGC determines the antlerless allocations so you keep bobbing and weaving to avoid answering the question. Busted again!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
https://www2.pa.wildlifelicense.com/deeravail.php

Looks like 2G will be the first sellout with almost 40% of the tags gone already and 2F has about 30% spoken for.

The rest of the WMU's seem to be going out much more slowly.

Our gang got our DMAP tags in less than a week. If anyone gets their doe tags, post it here. I suspect we may start seeing them come in very soon under the new system
My son and grandson each drew 2G tags today out of Tioga County Treasurers Office.

Now. Can you please tell me how the PGC decided those 2 tag allocations were warranted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.