Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Whats wrong with the gamelands? >

Whats wrong with the gamelands?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Whats wrong with the gamelands?

Old 07-10-2009, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

tell us how the PGC caused thedeer herd to crash in 2Gwith far less tags. Oh and for extra credit, maybe you'd like to explain how less tags caused such a high doe kill in an area where the study showed that less than 15% of the legal doein that study in 2G died at the hands of hunters.
In 2003 52K tags produced a harvest of 4.93 doe PSM which exceed recruitment and reduced the OWDD. In 2005 it only required 19,000 antlerless tags to produce a doe harvest of only 1.5 doe PSM which kept the herd stable. So, it is obvious that once the herd is reduced it takes a lot fewer tags to produce a harvest that equals the number of fawns recruitment by a reduced number of OW doe.

If no deer were harvested in 2003 and 2004 the OWDD would have increased buy over 12 DPSM, so it is obvious that the herd did not crash due to natural causes, but due to harvests that exceeded recruitment.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Just got back after 2 weeks at my huntin land. And you guys still asking the same questions. And the answer is still the same. If you think there aint enough deer ?? 2+2=4, STILL. Shoot less and plant FOOD to support the increased herd you want.
My count is still around 65 to 70 and seen 23 different buck. Most the time I never left the cabin or truck Tons of turkeys with young, To many yotes yet. 2 bear and lots of copperheads while mowing. And all on only 105 acres. The foodplots look great and the animals are eating about 800 lbs of deer pellets a month. Hunters shoot deer not the PGC laws. Unless things change I only plan on taking 1 buck and 1 doe this year. Both my neighbors hunt , but feel the way I do. They feed and are not hogs.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

And you guys still asking the same questions. And the answer is still the same.
Sums up several years and 1000's of posts in the NE forum.
At least 1/2 the threads on the 1st page.
Same stuff over and over endlessly.
Some need a new life - and I don't mean more new screen names.