Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 whats wrong with this ???? >

whats wrong with this ????

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

whats wrong with this ????

Old 05-11-2003, 07:16 PM

Default whats wrong with this ????

been hunting with a certain person for 4 years now . known him all my life. today while hunting trukeys he calls in 2 long beards 4 jakes and 3 hens, but he wont call them any closer than 20 yards for me then he post on here that there was briar cane in the way he forgot to add the s in briar cane it was a solid wall of them well let me tell you that turkey didnt have a chance if it came in 5 more yards . it is not my fault that he cant call them in any closer[8D] , that was the first set up then we set up on them again a few hundred yards down the road , then gets them comming again closer and closer then bang to the north of us i here gobbllleee gobbbbbbllee there is a gobbler 5 feet away from him , im 100 yards south of him (he doesnt have a bow) . the part that really makes me mad i is he called that big bird to him not me[] . what i want to know is would you still call this guy a friend or what
Old 05-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whats wrong with this ????

Maybe Turk will let you sit in his lap!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:47 PM

Just wondering but if he is calling for you... why are you 100yrds away from him??? []
Old 05-12-2003, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

does sound a lil far from eachother...........
Old 05-12-2003, 10:21 AM

yes 100 yds is a little far but it was raining and thunder lightning i was try to close the distance off . but get this today i was 2 miles from him today those birds fired up and low and behold locked up 2 miles away from his calling [>:][>:] and i was right where i wanted to be and shot a nice bird 19 lb 8.5 inch beard and 1 inch spur and 1 1/8 spur . see it helps to be well ahead of the caller [8D]
Old 05-12-2003, 04:18 PM

Alright lets get a few things straightened out, first of all that first pair of longbeards was only 10 yards from you and they kept strutting back and forth even after you got bored and decided to walk back and ask me if I`d seen anything. Second you were never 100 yards away from me (yardage isn`t one of bgunners strong suits, story later). Third I`ve been figuring and so far this year my number works out to about 10 longbeards and countless jakes inside 45 yards for you this year(and I won`t count birds that I`ve spooked or have been spooked by the movement guy). As far as getting them to stand infront of you and stick their heads up, [] I`m afraid that if I do that and you still don`t shoot one then you`d never live it down and I can`t bring myself to do that to you. Any ways to make a long story short, bgunner is tagged out and now I can get on to that real big bird I`ve been saving til he was done. Here`s bgunners bird
Old 05-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty bird...Nice spurs!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 07:56 AM

Nice bird!! It sounds like you two have a good time.